Chapter Two

The slight breeze of the night brushed softly against the exposed skin of my arms and feet. The only signs of the storm left were the small drops of rain than lingered on the branches of the trees. Dropping down onto the ground like tears of the forest.

The slightly dampened forest floor felt cool against my exhausted body as I rested against the sturdy tree bark. The pain in my body from the alphas unwarranted attack had numbed since I first ran into the night.

The pain in my tired heart however stayed. My emotional strength was dwindling away with each piece of me they chiselled at leaving nothing in its place but hollow emptiness.

I wanted to fight I wanted to live. Most the time I couldn't deny that I felt like a sombre existence living through the motions of each day. I hated that I felt that way it made me feel weak in every aspect of the word.

My mind however wouldn't have It, guess I was stubborn that way. It would be too easy to give up. I've come this far I couldn't let go now, could I? I had to cling onto the thread of hope left in me. It was difficult though when I could see no way out. I had every intention of holding on for as long as I could. How long that will be I don't know.

I hadn't thought much about what happened tonight. I just allowed the sounds of the forest to calm me. It didn't bother me much that I couldn't see anything. Only the shadows of the trees that the moon illuminated from her place in the darkened sky.

I had no intention of returning to my hut tonight. Wanting to enjoy the peaceful serenity I felt around nature. It always helped my refocus. It allowed me time to process, think and recover without the constant fear of the alpha showing his face.

I had noticed a few things within the alphas words tonight, the first being that other wolves were coming here. Not just any wolves but Royal wolves I won't lie and say I'm not nervous about what they want with me. Honestly, I'm terrified. I wasn't sure until tonight if anyone else was aware of me being here.

How would they react to a human? What do they want with me?

Why do they want to talk to me? How did they know about me?

Questions swirled around my mind as I thought about their motives. I was slightly curious though. It wasn't every day I had the opportunity to meet new people or wolves. I guess I would eventually find the answers to my questions.

The most important thing I realized was the alphas fear. He was afraid of something I didn't miss the double meaning in his words. 'You know what to do'. I wasn't confused about his fear in fact I was certain I knew exactly why it was there.

I was his one liability; he knew it and so did I. I was human I couldn't be controlled by his alpha command. I had no wolf willing to submit to the dominant creature within him. I had free will on my side for the first time. I was dangerous to him now. Armed with the information to out his crimes, all because of his own neglect to hide it from me. He didn't count on me having the freedom or opportunity to talk to anyone outside of the pack.

All of this put him at risk, I didn't understand why he would allow them to speak with me knowing this. Maybe he doesnt have a choice.

If I had to guess, I would say he believes I fear him more than I want to live. More than I want freedom to live as I please. Without the constant Torment. He was wrong. Yes, I feared him I'd be stupid not to. But he didn't realize that by treating me the way he does. He has made it, so I have nothing to lose other than my life. He didn't realize the life I was living was worse than death.

I would prefer death over this life.

The sound of rustling leaves and twigs snapping brought me out of my intense thoughts. Quickly rising to my feet with my eyes glued to the direction the sounds were coming from. I stood on shaky legs as the sounds grew louder. Ultimately meaning the source of the sound was also growing nearer.

The suspense was driving me insane as I fisted my hands to my sides. My heart stopped for a moment, when the beautiful yet terrifying creature stepped out of the shadows.

He was an impossible size; he would tower over my small 5ft 2" frame. My eyes trailed from his huge paws up his strong muscular legs. Every Inch of his huge body was coated in a silver fur coat.

His thick silver fur seemed to shine under the moons rays, only adding to his majestic beauty. The mist forming from his snout led my eyes to his forest green eyes that seemed to be piercing through my entire soul.

I have never been able to look into a wolfs eyes before always having my head bowed in submission. If I ever did, I would suffer for my disrespect. In this moment however, I wasn't afraid of looking into the eyes of the beast in front of me.

In fact, I found my head tilting slightly in curiosity. He felt familiar to me which confused me I was certain I had never seen him before. I doubt I would forget if I had.

My trance broke when the beasts huge paws started to take small steps towards me. Instantly I panicked putting my hands out in front of me and whispering 'stop' frantically through my heavy breaths. It was a plea because I knew I couldn't take any more pain.

Instantly the sounds of his steps against the forest floor silenced. Too scared to move my gaze from the ground out of fear I stood frozen in place my arms still out protectively in front me.

The sound of a soft whine reached my ears pushing me to look at the wolf again. My mouth hung low as the beast gently lowered himself to the ground. His ears pushed back with his eyes big. He looked almost like a puppy. I realized what he was doing he was trying to show me he was no threat to me. But why?

Slowly he started to crawl towards me letting out soft whines every few seconds. I was to shock, to panicked to be scared. I was in a complete state of shock. Wolves were proud creatures, so this display of gentleness threw me of guard.

The wolf stopped a few inches away from my face. Despite being crouched to the ground the huge beast was still eye level with me. Now he was closer I could see the soft traces of Amber that mixed in with the forest green orbs.

In this moment everything seemed to stop. Nothing else was happening as I gazed into the curious eyes of the wolf. All traces of fear gone replaced with a questionable calmness. The forest seemed to of silenced allowing us this moment almost willing it. The beast seemed as lost in this moment as I was as he kept his eyes on mine.

Who was he? He definitely wasn't from this pack, and he definitely wasn't a rouge. More questions seemed to take over my brain the more I looked at him.

Until I forgot about the wolf who was directly in front of me. As a hot searing pain seemed to take over my body. My vision blurring instantly. My hands flew up to my head as an ear-piercing scream left my lips.

My body dropped to the floor as I huddled myself together. Trying to protect my body against the attack of pain. Every inch of me felt burning hot as I rocked with the unbearable pain. Thrashing against the floor of the forest trying to make it to stop. Everything around me was lost, all my mind could focus on was the unbearable pain coursing through every inch of me.

The cold wet snout that pressed to my cheek was the first thing I noticed as the pain in my body became a dull ache. The panting of my breaths mixed with small whimpers seemed to be my next focus. I tried to regulate my breathing. Exhaustion seemed to hit me after a moment. My whole body stilled against the dirt as my eyes became heavy.

The wolf began to growl viciously as his huge body stepped over mine. I'd have been afraid had I the energy. It seemed hard enough just keeping my eyes open. The wolves razor-sharp teeth were snapping in the direction in front of us. My eyes lazily gazed towards the trees as four shadows emerged.

My brain seemed to process the fact that they were wolves, but I couldn't find the strength to care. Their sickly matted coats and Amber eyes was all that I needed to confirm my thoughts. Rouges. I lazily moved my head to look at them with the last bit of strength I had.

All were growling dangerously each of them snapping their jaws towards the wolf who stood over me. It was almost like he was protecting me. The warmth emitting from the wolfs body only encouraged mine to give in to the exhaustion I felt.

Giving into my bodys needs. I felt myself be pulled into the darkness of my sleep. The only sounds I heard as I fell into my deep slumber were the snarls and growls of the wolves about to fight.

A/N

Chapter two updated and edited.