The Beginning of an End

The sounds of the train's brake squeaked as the train slowly stopped at the station. Awakened from my light sleep, I hurriedly take my handbag and proceed to take off from the train.

Though it's already 10 p.m, the station is still filled with many busy and tired-looking people swarming around. Everyone looks so stagnant—no, to be honest, everything does.

From the station to my house will only take 10 minutes of walking at most, so I don't really have the feel in need of taking a bus. Though, if I was having a really hard day at work, I won't think twice to take the bus.

Everyday is a storm for me, wether it's at work or my own home. But I never thought of conquering this storm of life. Instead, I befriend them. Take everything into consideration and come into terms eventually. The storm will roll by at the end.

And while in the middle of getting pulled and pushed by this storm of life, I have my own little sweet time. I won't say it's relaxing, but I feel like this is the only time where I can spend it however I like. The time where I meet my beloved Hijikata Toushiro through my PSP.

This genius love dating simulator—actually, please scratch the simulator part, since I truly have fallen for this man, Hijikata. I've played dozens of Otome (love dating sim) games and my love for Hijikata has never changed even the slightest bit.

Succumbed into my game, I didn't realize I've arrived at the front gate of my house. Time sure fly fast when you're having fun.

" I'm home. "
A creaked sounds coming from the front door as a signal for dad.

The house is a little bit dim with only one lamp turned on in the living room. Before anything else, I take a peek at my dad's bedroom, and the relieved feeling has always been there when I saw dad is sleeping so soundly.

I entered the room and whispered beside his ear softly.
" I'm home. "

Dad didn't wake up fully, but he gave me a nod then back to sleep. As long as he noticed my being is here right now, it's fine. I caressed dad's back and I immediately can feel his bone marrow. It still feels like a dream when I remember how dad used to carried me on his back when I was kid, and now... Those broad and strong back is nowhere to be seen.

However... I cannot help myself but to smile when I realized that those warmth is still within my dad.

Done with tidying up the living room and kitchen, I sit on the sofa—still with my clothes from work. Laying on the couch while taking my leisure time, I decided to play one more hour on my Otome game.

Currently I'm playing Hijikata's route. As a matter of fact, this is my 7th time playing his route. And that number doesn't include other Otome games with different Hijikata character inside. That's just how much I love this guy. Even the real thing.

When I said the real thing, I mean the real person from the past. Dear oh dear, no one will expect how I want to embrace that guy and tell that he had done well and everything's alright now.

Perhaps it's because his real history background and mysterious ending that attract me to him. But, the more I play his story, the more I read his trivia history background, I just can't help myself but to get drowned in this love for him more and more.

.

.

.