Second Meeting

In one certain room that partly illuminated with the sunlight when the slide door opened, there are two person sitting across each other with arrogance clearly emitted from the both of them.

" Yaa... that was harsh of you to hit me like that in our reunion, Shun. Good thing I don't have my sword right now, or else... I don't know what kind of situation we will be in right now... "
Okita snorted as his eyes clearly gleaming with his sadistic nature.

" Oh? But you still have one sword though? "

" Huh? "

" There, hanging between your legs. Or... don't tell me you left it somewhere as well? Pfft.. "
Cynical eyes accompanied by her mocking laugh— Shun herself didn't expect that she would throw the 'sword' joke back at him.

Okita, in the other hand, is more shocked than angered with her insult.

" You really can make a joke like that, can't you? "

" Why can't I? "

" What a waste of pretty face. "

" Oh my, I'm flattered. Thank you, Souji. "

Though Okita is mostly disgusted by her vulgar jokes, but he must say that he enjoy it more like this. There's no pretense whatsoever and it feels like that there's someone... who can match him.

Currently Kondou have to leave them both for a while because he still have something to do in official matters— that's the reason why Hijikata haven't gone to see Shun as well.

" Why are you not on patrol? Break time? "
Shun asked whilst pouring the warm tea for Okita.

" Yeah, my shift will begin soon though. "

" Then why are you still here? Don't mind me, I can wait for Kondou-San alone in here. "

Okita said his thanks and drink the warm tea Shun poured for him. Even though they're always bickering and insult each other whenever they have the time, they actually taking care of each other without realizing—and it comes naturally for them.

" Don't misunderstood me, I'm not doing this because of you. Kondou-San said I should have a little talk with you before going back to my shift. "

" Hahaha, but aren't we doing it right now? You silly, if you wanna slack off, just say so. "

" Whatever Shun, I'm gonna blame you later. "

" How crude. "

Once again, the room become silent. But it's a pleasing silence after all, the green garden with cherry blossoms in their full bloom, there's even a camellia flower among the bushes. The sky is so clear that everyone can tell how happy the birds must be right now.

Even after a few years apart, Okita didn't expect that actually there's nothing much he wanted to talk about with Shun. He always knows that Shun is sharp regarding other people's characteristics and antics, so Okita really feel pleased whenever he's with her because she knows when to talk or when she has to talk first.

But when there's something Okita wanted to ask, he won't be a sissy to be dwindling on it.

" Shun, I give you my condolences for your mother. "
Without looking at her, he sits facing the veranda as his eyes stares into oblivion.

 "Without looking at her, he sits facing the veranda as his eyes stares into oblivion