The Unbent Rules

" One shall not bring catastrophe upon the land on purpose, massacre human village is absolutely forbidden, no eating human more than what you need, when a yokai eat a human they must not leave a single strain of hair uneaten. The following are rules from me that must not be violated. If one did, the consequence is to be burned by holy fire with the same pain as they give to humans until they become ashes and return to the wheel of reincarnation. Even so, there is actually one unwritten rule that you might not know about, don't hurt the person I'm protecting. Do you still not know about it, Yuki Onna? "

Though Shun's body is facing the offering box with both of her hands clasped together in a praying manner, her words does not seems to be of a prayer.

In fact, the woman is talking to the Yuki Onna behind her who's cowering with fear as it clearly written all over her face. It's natural to feel this way when being confronted by the Yokai Priest. Yuki Onna knew already about her rules, and it wasn't her intention to break any of it. Even though she wanted to speak for herself, she's too overwhelmed by Shun's presence—and the prayer from before which actually meant to separate her from Inoue-San by force.

Hearing no reply from the girl, Shun turned her face partly to the side, gaining a small sight of her still trying to suppress her fear.

" Whether you knew about that one unwritten rule or or not, please speak up. I won't know what to do with you if you don't explain yourself, the only one who can save you is yourself. "
Shun tried her best not to be intimidating and changed her tone to be softer.

After many failed attempts, the female yokai finally set her minds to speak up even though she's stuttering.

" M-my name is... Hakushoku. I'm a Yuki Onna who usually dwells up in the mountain.... I-I... it wasn't... my intention to harm Genzaburo-sama... he's... truly a kind human being. I never wished him for pain... but it looks like my selfishness has hurt him... I didn't know, that just merely being with him would cause him like this... even though he was... so kind as to even helped me out before... "

The girl spoke while looking down at the paved stones below. The way she speaks about Inoue is almost as if...

" What do you mean by helping you out before? You've met him before? "
Still not looking at her directly, Shun asked.

" Y-Yes... the reason why I followed him to here is... because I wanted to repay his kindness for helping me... "

"... How long ago was that and what happened? "
Now she's going in for more details, Shun turn around to face her.

Hakushoku, the Yuki Onna, was startled. But Shun still keep her distance from her, so she thinks she can hold up with this.

" Umm... I think it was around... 20 years ago. I'm... not the type to eat human flesh, but I do... suck on their life force.. One night, a human descend from the mountain in the middle of blizzard. That man was Genzaburo-sama. I thought how foolish he must've been for challenging the blizzard like that, so I was planning to play a prank on him before sucking his life out... "

Haku paused, her face somehow become more relaxed as smile begin to glow on her face.