What's Stay Invisible

" So you are also childhood friend with Souji? What an odd connection. Ah, I didn't mean anything bad with it. It's just... unexpected. "
Sannan admitted as the two of them walk side by side to another quarter.

" Haha, it's alright, I understand what you mean. But, childhood friend, eh? Even though all we do is just bickering at one another. I guess yeah, we're pretty close. "
Shun smiled as she closed her eyes for a moment as if reminiscing about the past.

" I wonder if Souji have the slightest idea about my relationship with the supernatural... "
Thought her faintly at the back of her mind. Not that she's seriously thinking about it, but there's still chances of him actually notice something odd with Shun.

After walking for about 3 minutes around several quarters, finally Shun and Sannan arrived at the destination. It turned out that the place had its own building near the main temple. The building looks like a warehouse from the outside and it seems like no one is guarding this place other than a metal padlock attached to the front door. Sannan took out an iron key from inside his arm and immediately opened it.

From the outside it looked like an ordinary building that's almost worn out, but when Shun went inside, the fragrant aroma of herbal leaves and some chemical smell, welcomed Shun with the wind. Inside it is very dark with only a few air vents. Strangely, it does not feel moist or dusty.

" I often go here myself to look some ingredients for my... research. But Yamazaki Susumu must've been more often going here than me, and perhaps while he's here, he took care of the dust and air ventilation as well. I must say my thanks later when I get to meet him. "
Sannan explained as if he can hear Shun bewildered.

There's actually so many things that she can take as a chance to pry more into either Sannan's life or Yamazaki identity from Sannan's explanation. But Shun need to control herself not to be suspicious and act rashly. No matter how trustworthy she is, if the rest of the captain judge her sourly, her movement will be too limited in this group.

" I see. Who is Yamazaki Susumu may I ask? It would be rude of me if he suddenly appeared in here without me greeting him first. "
Shun take Yamazaki's identity to ask this time. Even though she already knew everyone from the original game, she should still just play along with it.

" Oh, yes, he wasn't present when you were first arrived. But he's probably already knew about your... appearance or self. Yamazaki sometimes worked alongside the medic team as well, so you most definitely will bump into him sooner or later. "
The glasses man showed a mysterious-kind-if smile before he excuse himself from the place.

Looking at his reaction like that, makes Shun certain that not everyone has trust her yet.

" Oh well, I'll just take a quick look then. Let's see what they've got in here... "

Large tall cabinets which probably have the twice size of Nagakura's height stood firmly at every meter. Fortunately now the sun is almost at its peak, so this room gets a little light from several windows. As Shun walked while groping each cupboard, she occasionally tried to see what was in the small drawer. She guessed that she had to use the stairs to see the contents of the drawer in the top row. But she will leave it for another time.

She mainly has two mission at the time. First, she wants to meet Yamazaki immediately. And somehow, giving an explanation of ... what he might have seen in front of the temple this morning. That is also if it was Yamazaki who had been watching her since earlier. Second ... she wants to find any medicine ... that can relieve Okita's disease. Tuberculosis may not be cured at this time, she doesn't even know what type of tuberculosis that befall Okita. However ... if there's something that can make him withstand his illness even for a while, Shun will give whatever he needs.

" I... I won't try to save him... but... I'm allowed to relieve his pain, am I not? "
Shun tried to smile it through, but it was as if the effort would wound her. It was strained with a glimpse of barely-hang-on-hope seen in her half-squinted eyes.

Waiting for a place where she could have a nice little chat alone... with anyone, besides here, will probably hard to find. The temple could be another choice, but it's out in the open—and Shun knew almost about anyone can see her in the open like that. She wants it to be... more secretive.

That's why, she decided to call him out.

" ... You can come out now. It's alright I won't get mad, and it's not like it matters to you whether I mad or not about it, right? I grew up in the mountain where there's rarely any human lived there, I can distinguish the gaze of a human and whatnot in second, you see. "
Of course that was a lie, but not all of it. She really can distinguish the gaze between human and others m—but only when they have the intention to kill.

Something like which she said about just now to the ninja, probably only her mother had achieved that level of a huntress that Shun knew herself.

There's still no answer nor appearance in front of Shun. She figures that whoever it is, must be thinking of leaving the place right this instant—thinking that their cover is busted.

However, Shun isn't thinking of backing down either. That's why... she needs to play a little bit more... dirty.

" psst... Heiji... "
She whispered ever so softly whilst swaying her sleeves around.

" Stop shaking so much! Whad'ya want? "
He finally woke up after a numbers of quake from Shun. Heiji is currently in his fury-snake form, his shout won't be audible to those who doesn't have the power to see or talk with Yokai.

" I need you to sniff out a piece of trouble hiding on the ceiling... please... "

" ... Hah... you're abusing me now? "

" Oh please, I still haven't forgotten yet what you did yesterday. You almost got me into trouble by slipping away like that, you slick-trouble-maker. "
Shun rolled her eyes, being an inch away on top of a whisper.

" You've got your revenge already! On yesterday's night— "

" Come on please please, I just need you to make him make some sort of noise. "

" Ugh...... double my tofu later. "

" Deal. "

A snake look alike then slipped out from Shun's sleeve. In his pipe-fox form, ordinary people naturally won't be able to see nor hear him, only when he reveal himself then people will be able to communicate with him face to face.

There's another rule as well, when a yokai wanted to eat a human, they couldn't stay invisible to human, or else they won't be able to touch their prey. But that also means the human can have grasp of what their opponents look like and able to hurt the yokai. That's why most of the yokai stay invisible to mere human's eyes.

Heiji do exactly as what Shun wanted while the woman just stand idly, concentrating on her hearings.

While the woman and her yokai friend executed their plan carefully, how poor the man it is... for not being able to realize what will happen soon.

Shun is right, even though she cannot feel his gaze, she knows there's someone who has been following her since this morning, but she couldn't just pinpoint his location.

Unbeknownst to Shun, this man has been following her since last night actually.