Blood Weaver

" ......h....hot.... burning.... pain....ful.... it's hot....!! "

Darkness enfold like a tight embrace that chained the body to the earth. The body feels moist like fever on a summer night, alone without help.

" Hot...! You're killing me...!! "
Hundreds of rotten hands groped from below, as if looking for help ... or wanting to drag someone along with them into suffering.

" Grgll... ahh.... hot... it's painful...painful... STOP!!! "
The breath feels increasingly heavy as if sinking in the suction mud.

Her body feels paralyzed, it appears that the body has increasingly sunk into the black mud filled with stump grotesque corpses.

The pungent wet odor gradually changes to a smell worse than any impurities. The smell that makes the head feel dizzy and intoxicating. The smell will not disappear no matter how many times washed.

Is nothing but the smell of guilt.

" Why.... wwwhhhy..... murderer...... "

" Come.... witshh... us... "

" Co...me........ You...... to...o.... Priest..... "

Slowly, the mud swallowed her alive, the moment she realized her surroundings, only a sea of ​​corpses that had been mixed with rotting blood awaits her.

______________________________________________

" WAHH..! "

A shout along with heavy breath and a few coughs, can only be heard in Shun's room. Droplets of sweats fell to the back of her palm making her slightly back to her sense.

" Hah... hah... ah... that... again. "
She mumbled, although it almost sounds gibberish more than anything. As her tapering fingers running against her own nape, her chapped lips gaped for air like a fish outside water, then a moment later she realized how dry her throat feels.

Her mind is still scattered around from the sudden— uncalled nightmare and be woken up in such manner. The last time she feels her heartbeat this wild was when she ran a marathon in her previous life and her first father's death.

No matter how dry her mouth feels, she forced herself to gulp her own saliva to make herself somewhat 'wake up' from this panic. After she stayed still for a couple minutes to regain her right mind back, Shun began to tidy up her unkempt long hair.

The hair that stand as one of the Yokai Priest's symbol, her glowing red hair.

" Is it still in the middle of night? Or past midnight? "
Shun questioned herself as she ties her hair in a simple pony tail— she's planning to have a cup of water to relieve her thirst before going back to sleep again if it's actually still in the middle of night.

Shun grabs her red haori from her bed and put it on top of her head to cover the light her hair makes. Before she slides open the door, though she feels reluctant, she wanted to confirm someone's presence first.

" Heiji, I know you're there. "
She called out to her reliable friend. But maybe that's precisely why there's no answer coming back to her.

" Come out Heiji, I can smell your fried tofu stench from your breath already. "

" You prefer blood stench, Shun? "

Who would've expect that teasing actually worked on Heiji. Looks like that pipe fox is more self-conscious than what Shun thought. Or probably because she knew about it, she joked on it to lure him out.