Prayer Hour

The sun began to set under the orange sky, Heiji carrying Shun on his back as he ran, jumped, passed all the roofs of houses and small streets. All of that they went through in order to meet the figure of a man Shun has always loved, both from her previous life, present life, and in the future.

" Shun, I can see him. He's already about to step outside from the town. "
Heiji informed.

" Alright, we can catch up to them. Can you see with whom is he leaving? "

" Hmm... I don't know, but he's only with 2 human. One is a man, and one is a kid. "

When Heiji said he already can see him, it means Hijikata is probably about 15 meters away from them. Most dogs can catch smells up to 12 meters away from them. Sure, picking up smells isn't Heiji's forte, but he exceeds dog's smell with his amazing sight. Probably that's due to his yokai power as well.

" Huh? A kid? Who is it? "

" Like I said, I don't know. You're the only human I take a good look upon. "

Though that was unintentional and the situation is pretty in a critical state, Shun couldn't help it but to notice Heiji's own honesty.
" Ara, that was cute. "
She thought for a moment.

Not wanting Heiji to realize his embarrassing words, Shun just keep quiet about it until they finally arrived and landed at the alley near them.

" Thank you Heiji, I promise I'll treat you! "

" Hehe, make it superb! "

With that, Shun leave the yokai behind and run to catch up to Hijikata.

" Hah... hah... "
She run and run and run. Numerous times she even forgot to control her breath. There's a way to control your breath so you won't get tired easily when doing things which require a lot of energy.

She has been practicing it every day under some Yokai's guidance. However, when she lost her concentration, her breath will be destroying her body rhythm and thus... she will fall a lot.

Thud

" Ittai... ugh... this is so painful, I can already see his back, but if I don't do something that back will soon out from my reach. If only... if only I can be faster... but Heiji can't just drop me all of a sudden in the middle of streets where people will witness it. "
She didn't want to cry, but her eyes already feel hot and her vision become blurry.

Collecting her determination back, she stands up. But this time, she run with Hijikata only in her mind. Not even the slightest bit thinking how painful her bleeding knee is or how tight her chest feels.

Eventually, those slender legs finally bring her to his back, her right arm stretch out in desperation. But nothing is more desperate than her trembling shout of Hijikata's name.

" HIJIKATA-SAN! "
With her voice, she stopped the man's step. But with her small hand as well, she finally able to catch his back.

Even the other two who's accompanying Hijikata are startled as well. The three of them knew already there're sounds of someone running behind them, but they didn't give it a thought since everyone already say their goodbye at the dojo before.

Turned out not everyone yet, not someone from the dojo at least. It's a young girl who's breathing heavily as she clings desperately to Hijikata's sleeve.

" E-Eh?! What—! "
Hijikata didn't expect his back to be suddenly attacked like this, but it was such a low blow and the culprit wasn't that powerful as well.

How shocked he is, when he found out the culprit's identity.

" Shun?! "
Due to Shun suddenly clinging to his back, both of them fell to ground.

First Love at Second Life ( HAKUOKI FANFIC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें