The Sun and Moon

The day after the Ikedaya event, Hijikata let the soldiers to have a day-off as to commemorate their victory and relieve their stress over their loss. It's not a bad deal at all actually, but half of the captains decided to stay at the headquarter. Some of them are in need to be treated by Shun. For example like Okita Souji and Toudou Heisuke who received quite a blow from the enemy.

" Don't forget to drink the medicine I gave you with the time I've prescribed, Heisuke. "
Shun messaged as she begin to tidy up her tools. She needs to go to each captain's quarter who's injured by herself, as an exclusive treatment.

" Yes yes... "
The youngster sighed.

" Oh and, you're not allowed to drink sake for the moment until your headache gone. "

" Sheesh, why there are so many rules?! I want to go to the Shimabara (red light district) with the--oops... "
It's already become a norm for the soldiers and men who wanted to have a fun night to go to the Shimabara, since of course, that place existence is solely to provide their service of relieving the man's mundane desire. However, it's also courtesy to not mention the name so lightly in front of a married woman.

" What is there to be hide from me? I'm not married yet, and after all, I already knew how often you guys spent your fun at that place. Especially Shinpachi-san. "
Shun shot a sharp glare at the innocent Heisuke--getting her message to warn him next time.

" Y-yeah... "

" But that doesn't mean you can be rash on indulging yourself with pleasure all the time. I know how much energy you have stored within that young body, but you must always mind your action and be careful how it will affects others. Because you are still young, you should fix your mistakes, gain experiences, and to not make the same mistake again. Only then you can finally tell how much you've grown, I'm certain of it. "
Shun smiled warmly as she reached out to his forehead.

Heisuke almost couldn't do anything besides from feeling bashful about how Shun found out his desire of wanting to keep up with his other two grown-up friends.
" I understand... Shun-san. "

" Alright then, I'll go attend to Souji now. Rest well, Heisuke. "

With that, the doctor then left the young patient to rest. As if thinking about something deeply about what Shun said before, Heisuke touch the place where Shun's warmth still lingers on his forehead.

" To learn from mistakes... huh? Does that mean I'm one of his mistakes then? "
He muttered softly before eventually fell asleep on his own.

.

.

.

Just like what Shun said before, she's on her way to Okita's room. However, she's not as confident as she sounded in front of Heisuke before. As if to calm her nerve, she let out a big sigh before entering the room—though it becomes more like a sigh of exhaustion.

" Souji? Can I come in? "

" Shun? Come in. "

It's surprising how Okita replied it instantly as if he's been waiting for her. Shun then do as what she told. Upon sliding open the door, she finds her beloved childhood friend that she already consider as her own family, sitting straight on top of the futon while mending his swords.

"... Taking care of your sword but not yourself? Your health is your greatest weapon you know. "
Shun nagged after closing the door and sit down beside him.

Again, Shun is surprised when she greeted by Okita with a smile.
" Heh, you're here for that reason, aren't you? "
Especially with how accepting Okita finally to his condition.