The Void

" I just received words from Hijikata-San in Osaka. Sannan-San is severely injured during battle against the ronnin who stole from warehouse. "
Explained Inoue briefly with a grim face.

" Will he be alright?! "
Shinpachi responded immediately.

" According to the letter, the injury isn't terribly deep. Although the injury on his left thigh is quite severe. "

At that moment, Shun's brain slowly began to stop processing what the others saying... until she completely turn silent to those around her.

The story...

The original story...

She did it. She did alter it.

" Haha... I... saved him... I saved Sannan-san..."
In the midst of everyone who's busy asking about Sannan and Hijikata's condition with a worried face, only Shun that hang her head low—hiding the bitter smile she wears.

At that point, there's nothing else she should do in here. With the news done being told, Shun excused herself silently.

Just as before, Harada was the only one who's still thinking of chasing Shun even after the whole hall room is thinking about the recent bad news.

" Shun, wait! "
Harada immediately ran after her, somewhat knowing that she wouldn't actually wait for him at all. Though everyone who's present at the moment was thinking of stopping him, they don't exactly have any reason to do so. Because honestly, they're glad that there's someone who can stay beside Shun right now.

" Shun! "
He trails her who's walking pretty fast towards her room.

When the gap between them finally closer, Harada grab her wrist to him in order to gain her attention. Though he was more than surprised with what he sees.

" S-Shun... "
He barely mumbled, looking at the woman before him smiling ever so softly yet streams of tears falling down from her cheek.

 "He barely mumbled, looking at the woman before him smiling ever so softly yet streams of tears falling down from her cheek

" What is it, Harada? "
The look on her, the look of void. There's nothing that reflect on her eyes, not loneliness, sadness, and definitely not happiness either. It's just... empty.

" ... You're... crying, Shun. "
There's really nothing he can say at the moment—or to be exact, he doesn't know what to do with her. Harada has always been a man who's gentle towards others—except for rough bastards—but currently he's thrown into a loop by Shun's reaction.

" ... Do I look sad to you? "
Same question from Shun and yet...

" Only your heart knows. But at least I can tell that you're in pain. "
Harada was giving a hurtful smile despite his intention of wanting to comfort Shun. Looks like he's the one affected by her in the end.

" In... pain, huh? Me? Even though... it's supposed to be Sannan-San who's injured? "
Giving the smile of someone who has given up, Shun can only sneered pathetically at herself.