With the Scholar

The office where Shun works is actually not really secluded, but one might say that it's pretty far off from the other commander and vice commander's room. Still, she got just like what she wanted based on what she had asked to Kondou before she's active here.
_____________________

" Kondou-san, if I may be rude, may I ask for an office room with not many people around? That is, if there's still some room to spare. "

" Oh? Well we still do have some room which we rarely used for anything. But why would ask so? "

" Since my place is for healing people, tranquility is something that need to be present. Not just that, I'm afraid if there's too many people around, they could contracted by any illness which my patient have. "

" Ahh... I understand. I'll discuss this with Toshi. But I bet he's going to agree with it, so you can just start packing up your things. "

_____________________

Surely Kondou knew best about Hijikata — if nothing else, at least that is true. Sure enough, after some consideration, Hijikata gave permission to use the empty space as Shun's practice room in a place that is not too crowded with people. However, not only that, Hijikata also asked Shun to ask Yamazaki or Sannan about the storage of medicines and herbs.

Technically, Yamazaki work best as a ninja in the watch—gathering information and such. But he's often seen with the medic team as well. As for Sannan, he's in the same situation with Yamazaki, best on one subject, but he's good with research as well.

" But that is... research with the Water of Life... "
Shun must admit it that this is not a better choice than confronting Yamazaki, but perhaps, she can take this chance on getting on Sannan's good side to investigate the Water of Life.

Her aim is to put an end on Koudou's life.

Based on the situation from this morning, of course... the best choice is too confront Sannan rather than Yamazaki. Shun still haven't find the person who saw her conversation with Hakushoku—that is, if it's looking like a conversation, since it's only looking like Shun talking alone. It's not like she's avoiding Yamazaki, but she needs to be careful now since it would be really unpleasant if Hijikata knows about Shun's circumstances from other's mouth.

Honestly, Shun knows that she'll need to be honest with all of this, but... one day...for certain... from her own lips.

" Excuse me, Sannan-san. Are you in? " "
Shun sits in front of Sannan's room before entering.

From inside, Sannan could see a silhouette of a yet unfamiliar person in front of his room.

" Yes, please, come in. "
He replied.

The door slide open, revealing the woman with red haori behaving as a polite guest. Shun knows how to talk with Sannan, but it feels like she always need to compose herself and act smart to be on the same page as him.

" Good day, Sannan-san. Please pardon me for bothering you on your work. "
The woman bowed to him after entering his domain.

Sannan is sitting in front of her leisurely. It could be seen that he's working on some files that related to his work as a secretary-general since there are a few bundle of papers and books stacked beside his desk.

" Oh, if it isn't, Shun-san

" Oh, if it isn't, Shun-san. It's alright, I'm just checking on some papers. Do you need something? "
His voice is really soft and well-mannered, it's almost unbelievable that a soft-spoken person like him will turn into a madman for demonic power.

Shun then raised her head to keep her posture straight while talking.

" Yes, yesterday, Hijikata-san told me that I should asked you for the placement of medicines and herbs supply. I wanted to see what we all have and don't have, so I can start making my medicines sooner. "

" Is that so? I don't mind on showing you the way, but I still have a bit more papers meet to be checked. Would you be fine on waiting for a few more moments? "

" Why, of course. Please, continue with your work, I will be waiting outside to avoid hindering you. "
Just when Shun's about to get up from her seat, Sannan halted her.

" Do you think that my concentration is so weak that only by your presence here can distract me from my work? "
There's a change in his tone with a faint grunt. Who would've expect that Sannan could be so sensitive over a measly thing like this?

Shun immediately cancel her plan to leave and bow deeply to the floor asking for forgiveness.

" M-my humblest apology, Sannan-San. I-I wasn't— "

" Haha, dear, I see that you are still uptight around the edges. Forgive my rudeness, Shun-Kun I was only testing you. "
Sannan has back to his usual soft tone and slow-paced way of speaking. A gentle smile tilted on his face as well.

Raising from her bow, Shun asks,
" Testing me...? "

" I'd figure that you would feel more relax if you can have nice little laugh on your first day. But it seems that you are still put your walls high around you. Not that I could tell you to take it off out of the blue, however I meant no harm. I was just worried for a woman to be working here alone would feel upset for the lack entertainment. "

Shun blinked twice in surprise. His image on Shun now is filled with blossoms and ray of lights. Not that she ever hated him, she always thought that Sannan is such a kind person who got misunderstood a lot. He is loyal, logical, and a compassionate person.

" ... Thank you very much for your concern, Sannan-san... truly, I'm grateful for your words. Me working in here is the choice that I made myself, it's a choice that I made a long time ago. Perhaps, if Hijikata-san didn't promise me at that time, he won't allow me to work here even as a physician. "

As he listened carefully to Shun, he also checked several letters at the same time. It's not that he doesn't care about what Shun said, but this way he can catch up with his work to accompany Shun as soon as possible.

" Long time ago? But... the Shinsengumi has only been established for several months now. "
The man glanced at Shun, then back to the paper again.

" Ah, yes. When Hijikata-San was still working as medicine peddler, he lived in Tama with one of his siblings. My house wasn't so far from him, only my house was located on a mountainside. Several times I bought medicine from him, then we have been friends ever since. Even though he didn't say it out loud, I knew he wouldn't stay quiet as a peddler in Tama. I only gave him a small push and made him promise me to let me come along beside him when he would do something big. "

Even though Sannan is listening her story and reading the paper simultaneously, he didn't expect how intriguing her story is. It makes him wanted to talk about it more when he accompany her later.

" I've done with my work for now. Listening to your story actually intrigue me in a way. How about you tell me about the Hijikata from your perspective whilst I show you the way to the medicines supply room? "
He proposed.

" My pleasure, Sannan-san. "