Cry of Order

It has almost been a month already and Shun is truly fortunate that she hasn't got a chance to be alone with Itō Kashitarō. A distinguished, yet very effeminate scholar, poet & skilled swordsman who once tutored Heisuke Toudou. Even back in her previous life, an arrogant scholar type like him was everywhere and they truly set their own place high while looking down on others.

Shun is aware of the discrimination of gender in this day and age, she's truly grateful that she's born with a family that didn't practice discrimination against gender and status.

When she first came here, there are also many of the soldiers who refused to accept her as their own since they said it's not a woman's job to be here. But after some time passed, they began to talk with her, and gradually becoming even more casual with her. Shun never asked for it, but the soldiers now becoming quite dependent of her medical ability and treatment. Now, all of the soldiers probably have forgotten that Shun is a woman that they once refused to accept, Shun is just a doctor and a friend to them.

But for man like Ito, his arrogance are not only come from his view on woman but also his status who's a noble-born. He won't even hesitate to act with underlying arrogance in front of Kondou and Hijikata. Of course, there's no captain who doesn't hate him--except for Miki Saburo, the ninth division's captain who's as arrogant as his older brother Itō.

A meeting was held around an hour ago in the usual meeting room. As how Shun remember it, every captains and Ito was in there as well. Normally, Shun will take this moment to have a break in her room and answer the Yokai which already made an appointment with her. But this noon has been drying out her throat that she needs a glass of water so bad.

" Are you going to the kitchen, Shun? "
A small head of a fluffy snake-like fox perked up from under her right sleeve.

" Hey, don't suddenly come out Heiji. If anyone see you, they might think you're some kind of a snake and kill you instead. "

" Ne ne, can you also bring fried tofu with us? "

" Hah... not listening to me are you? I only wanted to have a glass of water. You just stay inside. "

" No! I haven't eaten fried tofu at all this past 2 days! "

" But you had your fill with the rōnin from last night, didn't you? You think I wouldn't notice? "

" I never meant to hide it from you though? And even if I do, you'll find out about it later on anyway. "

" Well, that's true... hah... Just... keep your diet on check. "

She thought she's done with entertain Heiji for a moment, but her tongue suddenly got numb when an unwanted memory overlap with what's need to be done.

"... Ne, Heiji... do you know Itō Kashitarō-San? "

" Hm? I don't remember human's faces in here asides from you, that Hijikata guy and that Okita niichan. "

" ... Well... I'll tell you later when he's around. "

" Alright, but why? "

"... For... future reference. "

.

.

.

Now that she's alone in the kitchen, she helped herself with a glass of water. It could be because of the weather but today she feels really thirsty that she doesn't want to talk to much since it will just make her throat get drier.

It wasn't her intention to be daydreaming in a kitchen like this, but she just couldn't help it when her thoughts knitting scenarios on... what to do with Itō Kashitarō.