Bring Back Love

Everyone  has returned from Kenmon and the moon has entered early August. When the sun is at the top of our head, Shun wants to ask for permission to leave to Hijikata because there are some ingredients that she needs to buy it herself.

" You want to go by yourself? How about asking Yamazaki to accompany you? "
Suggest Hijikata after a sip of his noon tea.

" I already checked on him, but it seems he has something to do with Shimada-san this afternoon. I'm afraid I'll make him rushed later. "

" Hmm... if that how it is, I'll accompany you then. "

Hijikata is actually already prepared for something like this one day when he lifted her penalty. Maybe he has been waiting for it deep inside, only he always distract it with his other works. But Shun seems the one who's in denial for this rare chance that only ever come once in a blue moon.

"... Eh?! W-wait, how could I bother you--"

" You are my responsibility as well, so I need to take care of all your needs. Anyway, you've done so much for us, just think of this as a thanks from me personally. "
He said it as if it's the thing that he has to do, and now he's regretting it a little bit on how it sounded.

" But... don't you have works to do...? "
While still sitting, Shun stares at the already standing man in front of her.

It wasn't her intention to look so bashful and flustered, but Hijikata couldn't resist on giving in to her.

"... That's why we should go now so we can come back early. "
He said as he turned his back on her. Little does she know, Hijikata was hiding the spreading blush he got from Shun.

" O-okay! "

There are all of kinds of feelings emerge from Shun's heart, everything mixed together and now even her heart's state become indescribable.

" This must be how having butterflies in your stomach feels. "
She thought, following Hijikata's footsteps towards the front gate.

.

.

.

The city was bustling as usual. There are children running around laughing and joking with each other, the tea shops selling well with visitors who come and go with smiles on their faces. This is the city they protected, the Shinsengumi protected.

Shun try so hard to not get keep distracted by Hijikata, but she couldn't help herself to steal glances on him--not realising that Hijikata is well aware of her constant gazes.

There's this feelings that stirs him up when Shun acts this way. Though he's not exactly complaining, he wished that he could just...

" Hah... what am I even thinking... "
He finally sighed internally as his frowns getting even harder.

" Are you tired Hijikata-san? "
Noticing the knotted eyebrow, Shun asked away.

" No, that's not it. Maybe it's because the weather. "

" Ah, yes. Though it still in early August, the sunlight is rather strong than usual, isn't it? I wish we have something cold. "
Shun giggled, realising that this is her first time missing her previous life and it's only about the ice cream.

" Hmm, that's true. "
The man shortly replied. He's thinking... that there might be something he can do for her later after this.

That afternoon passed with the two of them looking for the ingredients that Shun needed. It turned out that the material was not difficult to find, but only SHun could confirmed the quality that needed. About 2 hours they searched and waited for their order, fortunately they didn't take too long to find the ingredients, what took a lot of time was waiting for the ingredients to be prepared. Sometimes Shun asked the seller to grind the ingredients into powder or ointment so they could be used right away.