Side by Side

The crescent moon up above the dark night. Though it's supposedly be the only natural light source at night, looks like the fate of fortune is not kind enough to lend their light for tonight's scheme.

Red hair, glowing bright like a raging fire in summer night. The red that seems so warm in this post-winter days—and yet, her bloody-brown eyes hide an unmelted ice behind them.

Surely, the moon must've been jealous, for her to steal the spotlight.

" My holiness, I've arrived. "
A silhouette of a familiar man with huge and tall building sitting behind the paper door of Shun's room.

" Thank you for answering my call, Amagiri. Please do forgive my rudeness, but I cannot allow any yokai to come into my office. "

" For human with weak heart and body, our yokai aura will only make them dry with pain slowly—even if we never meant to do it. Your choice is truly the wisest, my holiness. "
Though it may be only a silhouette, Shun can see the polite expression on his words with his bow.

" Amagiri, tomorrow night the wolves will raid Ikedaya inn. I know very well how often the Choushuuu clan use that inn as their meeting place. I can not disclose anymore details about the Shinsengumi movement, however, the main point is not with them. The high flower of demon, she will be there. "

All this time, Shun has been giving Amagiri information about Chizuru—even up to the point of Chizuru's family downfall and where the demons went after that. Amagiri too, he has been giving Shun the information that she wanted. Though he was confused at first what he could give to her as a payment, Shun kindly said that he only need to give her the information about certain yokai that has something to do with her current request.

" I know the Choushuuu once got caught and had a clash with the Shinsengumi at Ikedaya inn, never have I thought that they would still choose that inn as their rendezvous place. I thank you for the information, my holiness. I shall heed your words. "
The silhouette shrunk slightly, gesturing how he bowed to her.

" I'm grateful as well for your deeds of searching the information about the yokai that I need. Due to my own carelessness, I got locked in the headquarter and I dare not to evoking hell's wrath from Hijikata's eyes. "

" For this information, what should I pay you with? "

Finally, the sole reason she actually asked Amagiri so urgently to come... has come.

" When the raid happens, there is one man I want you and your demon comrades that you'll bring that day, to avoid. Don't make any contact with him as best as you can. If things become unavoidable, then turn yourself and your comrades into your spiritual form to avoid meeting his eyes. "

" Understood. But how should I notice the man you're talking about? I assume just knowing his name wouldn't be enough, considering the soon-to-be chaotic event. "

" I'll put a scent of my blood on him. His name is Souji Okita, a tall man with brown hair and laidback attitude. He's strong, but due to the recent disease that resides within him, his body will only get worse when exposed to yokai's aura closely. "

" I understand. I will notify my master and my other comrade. Is that all, my holiness? "

"———From today on, you may call me with my name. "

" T-that's! How could I do something so presumptuous. "
There was a subtle shiver down to his tone, although he gave his deepest respect for her.