Behind the Curtain (2)

The moment has come. Where the gears of fate, the gears of tragedy, dancing wildly unstoppable. One incident will lead to another, and eventually will lead to their own death. As for the harbinger of the inevitable demise, Kondou was chosen by the heaven. Such gentle heart, such an upright person. Yet the wind of human's greediness pushed his ego so high to the sky.

There's no time left. As far as Shun remember, this evening the Shinsengumi captains along with Chizuru will hold a meeting which will lead to the Ikedaya Incident later on at night. If Shun's time management is on the right track, then Hijikata must've been questioning the spy who got caught recently right now.

" Everything's going according what I've expected. Then the next step I should be doing right now... yes, let's go with the plan. "
Shun was clenching her first tightly with determination. All the fear and doubts, she doesn't have any choice but to make it into adrenaline and choose her own path.

" Hakushoku. "
Shun called out inside her room.

As expected of a loyal Yokai, Haku gradually appeared from behind her followed with a mist of snow.
" Yes, my holiness? "

" Send message to Amagiri Kyuuju. Meet me in the middle of night tonight. Tell him this is about the wolf and flower, it's urgent. "

" Understood, my holiness. "
With that, Hakushoku disappear to carry the message.

Though the sun is still up and bright outside, Shun feels like her closed room is getting darker and darker with her thoughts. That's when her arrogant fox appeared in his child form while sitting on the table.

" Being hasty much? "
A smirk stretched from ear to ear.

" Nah, this is the right pace to have right now. The day will be even more hectic from now on. If I didn't tweak a little bit of the flow of the story, then what's the meaning of my life being reborn here? There's gotta be something... that only I can do. "

" ... Well, do whatever you want, Shun. This is your life after all. "

"... Yeah... "
As always, the heart that wanted to listen to Heiji's words, cannot follow them. That's why, Shun can only bite her lips in desperation as if praying that the things she will do soon, is something that will lead to everyone's deserving ending.

.

.

.

The sky has become bright orange with crows singing their crooked voice. Shun went out from her room while bringing a small basket filled a piece of cloth and some kind of bruh tooth she made by herself.

The headquarter doesn't have a bath house yet. That's why Shun always need to wash her face and nape everyday by the well at least twice a day— first in the morning before dawn and second in the evening before dusk.

" Since the bathhouse will be build after the next examination by Dr. Matsumoto, I don't have any choice but to bear with this well for now. "
Shun let out a small sigh after she's done taking a whole bucket of water from the well.

There's a reason why she always choose an unlikely time to just wash up her face and mouth. First, it's because she doesn't want anyone to horrified by her glowing red hair, and second, she doesn't want any soldier to change the way they look at Shun when she's looking at her most feminine way.