Deeper Step

Few days after the commotion of having Chizuru Yukimura's service in the Shinsengumi already made the lower members become suspicious. But only to the point of spreading some spiteful rumors around the quarter.

" Yeah, things definitely are suspicious, aren't they? I mean that guy has barely have any position here. "
Said one of the guy to his group.

" Right right, and how the hell did he already get his own room? Does anyone know maybe he's actually some big shot's bastard child? "

Just as the group in the middle of slacking off in front of the temple's altar, a deep woman's voice interrupt their gossip.

" Oh? Slacking off in the middle of the day guys? "
Teased the woman, coming out from behind the wall while holding a plate of onigiri on her hands.

The group of men—which consist of 4 grown-ups— was almost having their heart jumped out of their mouth when they heard someone's voice, thinking it's one of the captains. But when everybody's eyes turned to the source of the voice, they sighed un relieve it's Shun.

" Hah... Stop scaring the hell out of me, Shun-san. I thought you're someone else. "

" Excuse me, am I not a threat enough for you slackers? "
She raised an eyebrow whilst pouting about the hierarchy here.

" Come on, don't tell anyone, 'kay? "

" Well, I don't like being an accomplish with the wrong. "
Shun then proceeds to get in front of the altar while the other now being restless about what Shun just said.

" Sheesh... fine— "
Just when one of the guy about to leave, Shun then clasped her hands as a sign to begin her prayer.

" But I'm so focused with my prayer right now, that I don't think I'll notice you guys being here. "
Shun winked playfully at the bunch. Realizing what Shun just did there—basically deliberately ignoring their slacking off—the group of men then start to laugh at their naughtiness.

" By the way, Shun-san, you know something about the new guy? The one that the higher ups gave him his own room. "
Asked one of the guy.

" Yukimura-kun, you mean? Only met once by chance. "
A little bit lie to the truth.

" Don't you think he's suspicious? Suddenly came out of nowhere yet already get his own way with the captains? "

" I recommend you not to get too close with him. Just think of this as me talking to myself, but I think he's someone important or at least he's the son of some big shot that we're not supposed to know. If you still wanna have your head on your shoulder, I guess you should mind your own business. "

Because Shun already... sell her out to the demon race, she wants to make Chizuru's farewell to the Shinsengumi less painful for her later. That's why... by telling people to stay away from her and to not harass her... is one of a kind to isolate Chizuru from the lower members.

" Damn, I called it! You're right, Shun-san. I'll mind your words, I don't wanna end up dead just for sticking my nose where it doesn't belong anyway. At least let me get an honorable death by fighting or some sort. "
The guy snickered pitifully at himself.

Done with her offering, Shun then turned to the group telling them that she's done with her prayer and now she noticed that they're here. That's a signal for them that if they didn't get their lazy butt to work right now, there will be words coming from their captain.

" It's such a shame that you're still being confined in here. When you're already free to go outside let's do patrol together, Shun-san. Though I don't know if you're gonna be able to keep up with us. "