Forged Route

It's ironic, how the later the night gets, the more quiet it seems on the surface, yet many big things happened at such uncanny times.

After Chizuru's introduction to the captains this morning, they will began her judgment—or how to deal with her tonight. Everything's going just like how the story goes in Shun's memories, although there are little details that she didn't know actually happened before the introduction. As long as the story goes for the main plot, then Shun will have less things to worried about.

This afternoon, Shun informed Hijikata and Kondou that she knew about the young hostage they kept in one of the empty room—to which Kondou sighed regretfully on it.

" Worry not, my lips are sealed. However, may I ask for something? "
Shun asked in her usual polite tone.

" Yeah, sure, Shun-kun. "
Kondou replied.

" If you were to let her alive, and make her to be someone's attendant to keep her away from attention, I beg your pardon, but I asked you to point her as my attendant. "

Not particularly surprised yet still didn't expect how straightforward she is, Hijikata and Kondou exchanges glances to each other.

" Well, honestly I was thinking about putting her on your service, since I thought you'll be more comfortable of having friend of the same gender. "
Hijikata states his hypothesis, inquiring Kondou's surprise unintentionally.

" E-Eh?! The same gender?! So that Chizuru is... a young girl all this time?! Dear oh dear, I, Kondou Isami, surely have made terrible blunder! "

" Fufu, don't be so hard on yourself, Kondou-San. This kind of blunder isn't your first time, right? "
Teased Shun jokingly.

" Ah... you're right... I'm so sorry. "
Even though Shun honestly doesn't mind anymore about people mistaking her gender, she often used their mistake to teased them instead.

" Now now, let's get back to the business. I don't mind if you take her or not under you, but you seems so hasty about it, why's that? "
Hijikata is not mad or anything, but his glare can be taken differently.

There are two main reason behind this, which one of them is not as saintly than the other one.

" Hasty? Well... I just thought she could be of use for helping me with taking care of the injured together with Yamazaki. She's just a young girl as well, she must be feel more comfort being near someone who's of the same gender rather than have to always be careful with her secret being a girl. "

The answer is valid enough, in fact, Hijikata and Kondou think it's the best choice to leave Chizuru with her despite all the odds.

" Alright, I get it. We will appoint her service to you then in tonight's meeting. Come to meeting room again later, I'll inform the other captains on what to do with her. "
Hijikata replied, folding his arm under the sleeve as if closing the case as well.

" Yes, Hijikata-san, Kondou-san. Thank you for granting my wish. "
Shun bowed deeply to the man in front of her.

" No no, it's us that should be thankful to you for even still thinking about helping our men who's injured in battle. "

" T-that's not really the only reason though, Kondou-San. "

" Eh? Not the only one? "

Shun feeling slightly nervous, but maybe only because when she's thinking about Hijikata-San that her brain filled with flowers, that she can talk so easily about it.

" Well, since Hijikata's the one who brought her back here, he will most probably appointed as her guardian as the one who's responsible for it. So... "