Miracle in Progress

" Are you sure you're going to join those ronin? Aren't they're just your typical bunch of thugs? "

" Probably. But I know the future they make will not be ordinary, Heiji. "

" I've heard some nasty rumors about them though, like they're just a bunch of cowardly ronin that attack their enemy in a group. Even among us the yokai, we heard that they're trying to make fake demons, how cocky is that? "

" I know, that's why people call them Wolves of Mibu. But isn't that just another type of survival? And by the way, I know about those fake demons too. That's probably become my main purpose to join Shinsengumi now... even though all I want is just to stay beside Hijikata-san... "

" How are you going to deal with those fake demons when they're originally a human? You're not allowed to kill them, are you? "

" Yes, but I can give them prayer. My prayer is as good as a raging fire for creatures who already went mad, but it won't kill them... torturing them is enough. Even so, I can't just stop there, I need to kill the source of this madness. "

" The source? "

" Yes, it's... Koudou Yukimura. "

______________________________________________

Shun was surprised that the headquarter is actually more spacious than what she imagined. There aren't many people seen in the headquarter as well—or maybe that's just because the place is really vast compared to the quantity of the people in Shinsengumi.

It's been 4 years since she saw Okita, 11 years since she saw Hijikata, and 1 whole past life to get her into this situation. The way she sees her sense of time probably are quite differ from most people now. Not just due to the fact of her remembering her reincarnation, her daily interaction with yokai—listening to their problem and giving out advises—are probably knocking some sense how time sure does fly differently for each person.

" I've lived my life 21 years for this moment, where I'm sitting in here—the Shinsengumi headquarter, one step closer to Hijikata... I will—no, I have to protect my own place right now... the place where I'd love to spend my life with. "
She clenches her fist with determination, or perhaps it was the act of her desperation searching for a place to belong.

Just when her mind about to go somewhere else on planning her next step, the sliding door then went open with spring breeze coming in softly carrying the smell of cherry blossoms.

" Shun-kun, it's good to see you again! "
The man who's probably seen as the loving father figure in Shinsengumi showed up with a big smile spread on his face.

" Kondou-san! "
Shun excitedly stood up from the tatami as if celebrating their reunion with a big hug.

" Haha, look at you now! How many years has it been? 9? 10? "
He asked as he patted Shun's shoulder lightly.

" You almost got that right! It's 11 years! "

" Woah, really? Hmm, time sure does fly fast, eh? Come here, let's sit let's sit. "

The commander of the Shinsengumi then guide his special guest to sit down and asked one of his men to make tea for the both of them.

" Yaaa... Now that I take a closer look at you, not only did you get almost as tall as Hijikata, but you've grown to be such a refined yet strong woman, aren't you? "