Behind the Curtain

" Shun-kun, Haku stopped by the front gate this morning. She said she wanted to give you some snacks from her tea house. "
A man with his ever-so-gentle expression came into Shun's office whilst carrying the box which wrapped so carefully by Haku.

" Oh my, thank you so much for bringing it to me directly, Inoue-san. "
Shun accepted the gift, but she knows that she's not supposed to unwrapped it right away—especially in front of another human.

" Haku said to give her greetings to you. "

" Please give back my regards to her. She's such a nice girl, to even still giving me this presents even though we couldn't meet much. "

Though Shun said it plainly just like any other white lies, Inoue who's unknown to that fact, thought how pitiful it is for both of these girls. One cannot go outside due to her punishment, and the other cannot visit her inside because of the rule of not allowing woman to do so except for those who have the authority or importance—like Shun for example.

" I have to go back now. Since Haku said to enjoy the snack while it's still fresh, you should have it soon when you're resting. "

" Thank you, Inoue-san. I'll keep it in mind. "
Thanked Shun once again before Inoue left the room with a smile.

Just right when Shun about to continue her work with her medical book, the sly fox already put his hands on top of the gift box.

" You're going to freeze to death if you eat it though. "
Heiji flinched immediately and quickly jumped away from the gift box.

There are two reason why he behaved in such way. First it's because of the fact that Shun noticed him even after he concealed his presence, and second is because how the box actually deathly for other yokai.

" Hehe, you caught me. So, what's in the box? "
Asked Heiji acting spoiled as he's rubbing himself—in his pipe fox form—to Shun's dominant wrist.

" Hah... that curiosity seriously might kill you one day, you know? Just like a while ago if I didn't stop you. "
Knowing that the fox won't give in so easily, Shun then stopped her hand from writing the book and proceeds on unwrapping the gift behind her.

" Can't you smell it, from who is this? "
Asked Shun curtly.

" All I can smell is from another yokai and a strong one. But the gift itself smells incredibly delicious. "

A moment after Heiji being honest about it, Shun open the lid of the box, revealing four extravagant mochi-like snacks that can be seen sparkling under some light. It's so beautiful and each of them has different kind of elegance. This is not just any ordinary snack, but an art. A killing art.

" This is Hakushoku's payment from helping her to get close to Inoue-San. I don't know if that young Yuki-Onna is too generous or behaving politely to me, but this kind of present is too big for the things that I've done for her. "

" Hee... this sweets really worth that much? So, why would I get killed then if I eat it? "

" This sweets is meant for human and not for the other—not even animals. One of these sweets can keep your body fresh and strong for 7 days straight without eating and drinking even the slightest bit. No matter how hard you work, you'll not feel tired at all. Just like someone who's frozen in time. It does smell delicious to other Yokai though, but if they eat this, their physical and spiritual body might freeze and shatter into snow dust, instantly. "

" U-uwahh... as expected from a woman... so scary. "

" Fufu, and you know what's even more precious? These snacks actually can last for another 100 years. So I can just take my time to use it. "
Shun then close the lid back.