The Revelation at Dusk

Hijikata's team is the main team--along with Nagakura's team—which is tasked with chasing the Chōsū who run to Mount Tennozan. However, that only applies to the Shinsengumi team and it seems that it is unknown to the Satsuma people. No, it doesn't matter whether they are Satsuma or not, but rather he who is now standing with the intention of getting in Hijikata's team way is a person who does have his own business with the Shinsengumi.

A striking of golden strings under the scorching sun, he stand out like a sore thumb to the Shinsengumi--especially with one of their friend's blood splashed to Kazama's chin.

Finally they meet again, but can it be considered as proper? The two souls that born under the same sky yet walk in the middle of different world. One is aware of the darkness they have in their vein, while the other is struggling with her own blood. Kazama and Chizuru, they finally able to lock on each other's eyes.

" W-why... are you.... here? "
Chizuru mumbled without realising that Hijikata is right besides her standing with his blade pointed at Kazama.

" You know him, Chizuru? "
Then the other captain, Nagakura, asked abruptly as he helped Chizuru to tend the wounded man.

" Umm, that guy's at Ikedaya that night! He's the one who injured Okita-kun. "
Chizuru replied, though her eyes still locked on those bloody red eyes of Kazama's.

" Hmph, that Okita guy was just simply too weak to be called a true swordsman. If only not because of her... "
Kazama scoffed as he pulled his eyes in a subtle disgust.

" All of you truly samurai bumpkins haven't had your fills yet. Because you lot lack the pride of a warrior and are the Bakufu's pet dogs, filled with nothing but desire for more power. Why are you chasing men that have fled battlefield after losing? Why don't you understand the Chōsū samurai's pride as they headen to Mt. Tennozan to slice open their own stomach? "
He continued, only just right after he closed his lips, the girl in disguise of a boy speak up her mind. Because she knew... that he's different from anyone... but the same with her.

" Then is it okay to kill someone over another's pride? "
It's courageous of Chizuru to be able to confront Kazama's head on, but even Nagakura and Hijikata didn't expect it coming from her.

Chizuru already got his attention from just being a demon girl that has forgotten their own lineage, although it was a mocking attention before. But now... she certainly has what it takes to keep Kazama listening to her.

" I think that having someone fight to protect one's image destroys their pride! "
Eyes as big as the moon, Kazama can almost see the reflection of him in her eyes.

"...Then, are you implying that it's okay for someone to lend their pride to the Shinsengumi so they can gather some merits? "

" Well... that's... "
As if cat got her tongue, she bites her lips in desperation for not being able to retaliate back.

Seeing the fire still burning in her eyes but got no choice to fight back, Hijikata pulled a smirk over how idealistic this conversation become.

" Huh, you sounded arrogant, but that's all you had to say? Don't underestimate war. "
Hijikata shot a glare to the blond man.

" They start war over something stupid and lacked the courage to fight till the end. Dogs with tails behind their legs could never die with a warrior's honor! Those criminals deserve to be beheaded as a spineless traitor. "

" Do you mean to say that they should have been prepared to die for the war they started? "
Without even realising it himself, Kazama tightened his grip around his sword handle. There's a bundle of emotion surging up from him, many... that he can't identify.