Into The Game!

Even though it's called the next life, Diana never thought she will be reborn in the past instead. When she was 3 years old in this new world, she remembered everything what she had done in her previous life, and that was as Diana. That caused her to received a lot of knowledge and the same mind as a 20th years old woman at a time.

Everything just too sudden for her 3 years old body that she got a fever when her previous life's memories returned to her. It's nothing as bad as a real fever, but that was sure unpleasant.

Living with those knowledge and awareness 7 years later as a kid, she becomes independent and smart quickly. She do realize that she get to born in this Edo-period in Japan. Now she's 10, and her mother often bring her to help with searching firewood in the forest.

" Hehe, who would've ever thought I got to be reincarnated in Edo period... But, as much as I'm happy to be reincarnated in Edo period, I know how dangerous this era could be. "
She come into realization as she walks through the forest behind her house while carrying stacks of firewood on her back.

" Shun, hurry! We need to cook dinner! "
From afar, a woman with more stacks of firewood than the girl, shout at her.

" Yes mom...! "
The girl who already has her new name, Shun, quicken her pace with a grin plastered on her face.

" Hm? What are you grinning about? "
Asked the mom after her only daughter arrived at her side.

" Nothing, I just thought how fun it is to walk with mom! "

" Haha, you silly, we're gathering firewood. Let's go have a walk with dad in spring later, alright? "

" Really?! Alright! "

Even in this middle of winter, her mother's smile shine the brightest, purest than any of the snow around her.

" But I guess even in this dangerous era, there are still things which I couldn't have back in my previous life. "
That said, those mother's love which she couldn't have back then, now is graced upon her. And she thought, it's already everything she needs.

Maybe their house is not as posh as the ones down in the town—probably not formidable much as well. However, even if she compared the most luxurious building in this prefecture to the one she had back in his previous life, she would still choose this small old house which placed near the slope of this mountain.

Because, this place is the only place where she can meet both of his father and mother.

She knows and well aware of her new father now, but that's from her perspective when she was Diana. Right now she's Shun, and she will die as Shun Tanzaki at the end of the day. This is her as Shun and she will love her parents as much as before.

.

.

.

" That's right, Shun, can you please go to Ishida family? I need you to buy a medicine for bruises. "
Asked the mother whilst she stock up the firewood in the kitchen.

The young girl who's sitting beside the stove, turned around to her mother, a little bit worried.

" Eh? Why? Are you hurt somewhere? "

" No, it's not for mine. It's for your father, he has a bruise on his back from when he was carrying the firewood. "

" Sheesh, he should've just asked me to carry half of it to the town. "

" Haha, you really worried about your father a lot, aren't you? "

" O-of course I would... "
Blushed the girl.

Her father right now is always teasing her and cuddle her too much. Sometimes he had that silly-dad act when he was in front of her, treating her like the kid she is. It was another difference between her current father and previous father. Previously, her father was the gentle and shy type.

" Both of them are my father which the only family member that I love, but I guess I have one more to share now. Mother can be really scary when she was angry, but very gentle most of the time. Ah, sometimes she likes to tease me as well and that's what makes her father's ally. "

She giggled when she thinks the characters in her small yet cheerful family. It's like a daisy flower.

" Here's your money. The Ishida family has always been kind to us, so be sure to act proper in front of them. "
The mother then gave her a small pouch containing some money.

" What do you mean act proper? I always do things normally. "

" Yes normal, but you're not acting like a lady! Just look at your clothes! "

" What? Is it not good? "
She asked, wearing her usual light brown yukata in a manner of how a boy usually does—with thin sash wrapped around her hip as she put her left hand inside the yukata to rest on the tied sash, making it look a little bit loose on her collar bone.

Nothing much to say about her clothes because no matter how often her parents shout her ears off about the way she dress up, it's not like they got much money to but her a more girly clothes.

The mother just sighed and she crouched down to tie Shun's hair instead.

" At least try to tidy up your hair. "

Strings of black hair being brushed simply with her mother's fingers. As the mother running her fingers, she realized that her daughter's hair has a slight dark red shade in it.

" You're playing outside too much on summer aren't you? Look at what you did with your hair, it's looking slightly red. "

" H-huh?! R-really...? Uh... I guess so. "
All of a sudden Shun become fidgety and nervous for some reason. Fortunately her hair is done so she get to leave her mother quickly.

" Be careful on your way, alright? Don't run! "

" Hai~ "

And there she goes to Ishida family place. She doesn't really know wether they actually a family of doctors, a hospital, or whatever are they—except for the fact that they are selling of medicine that are good for bruises and bones.

" But... Ishida, huh? I feel like I've known them from before... but I forgot where it was... "
She mumbled as she carefully walking down a slope.

When season is in spring, the mountain is colored with fresh green and a little bit of pink at some spot. The slope which she's walking on right now is supposed to be rained with cherry blossoms petals when the wind blow and sometimes she will meet people from the town on her way.

But when it's winter, there will be only a dying forest and white hill as long as the eyes can see. Only few people will hike as high as where her place is, so winter can be really quiet and eerie sometimes.

" Even so... if everything happens to them, I can protect them just fine, right? After all... the gods has given me their protection. "
Thought her.

A moment later, before she went to the town, she crouched down in front of a small shrine to pray and give her offering.

" Whatever god that resides in here, I don't have much on me right now, so I hope you will accept this jerky as an offering. Thank you for always protecting us, and... thank you for the power you have given to me. "

Done with her prayer, she bowed to the shrine then continue her task.

" The mountain surely has become quiet in winter, but I don't really see it that way. Even the youkai has taken shelter somewhere warmer. "