Forgotten Petals

Weeks have passed while Shun helps her mother with chores and sells almost about anything—from firewood and raw materials— on the market as long as she can help his parents. The cherry blossom is not pink anymore like when Hijikata and she walked together under it.

Now that Shun think about it, she hasn't been able to meet Hijikata for the past week. Usually they'll somehow meet at the market or along the way to the mountain. She didn't know what happened to him, but she's not as worried as going to visit him at his store.

" I can just visit the store like usual, but... why do I feel like I shouldn't— "
As she was in deep thought, a boy's voice get her back to conscious.

" Excuse me, I want to buy a sack of firewood. "
He said, offering the coins to her.

Without thinking further, she immediately tied a bundle of firewood beside her and give it to him.

" Yes, here's — eh? "

However, the moment she take a look at her customer, that's how she knows the heaven just answer her worries.

" Okita?!  This boy

" Okita?! This boy... is Okita Souji! I remember because there was a CG featuring him,Hijikata, and Kondou in their young days! "
No matter how sober she is, she couldn't helped it but to stare at him in agape. Those deep emerald orbs and cedar brown hair, Shun just couldn't forget about how cute he is, she thought.

" Thank you. "
Without any delay, the serious boy take the bundle of firewood by himself and hardly carry it on his small back.

Shun who's still half shocked immediately called out to him in haste.

" W-wait! "

And just like what Shun expected, the boy stopped to turn around at her with a subtle annoyance in his face.

" What is it? I've paid enough. "
He furrows.

" Eh, n-no, it's not about the money. "

" Then what is it? "

" Um... "
First thing first, she wasn't exactly in her right mind when she suddenly called out to him like that. And second, looks like she has annoyed him greatly—even in his young version.

" If you don't have anything to say, then I'm going. "

" No! I-i wanted to ask your name! "
She reached out her hand to his shoulder, which unexpectedly reveals an obvious bruise under his clothes.

" It's... bruises from the bullying... "

" What for? "
Again, the boy slapped her back to conscious.

" H-huh? Uh... I just wanted to help you to carry the firewood. Can I? "
That was quick of her to think an excuse. But that was probably just her spontaneous act of kindness.