The Truth Upon the Veil

" Everyone who's injured on stomach go here! Those who have only scratch on hands or leg go here! "
When reinforcement came, along with the demon-Vice-captain Hijikata, things suddenly get better and seems to found its lost light.

Shun especially was felt greatly helped by Yamazaki's arrival and his other medic ninja group. In this time of turmoil, she only needs helps for them to carry of those who heavily injured—and of course giving first aid to them.

" Shun! "
Suddenly the familiar voice came barging from the backdoor. He immediately called out to her when she was treating the other's injuries.

" Ha...rada... "
When Shun saw those red hair of his glossed under the moonlight, she knows that even after she rebirth into this world, altering the story here and there... in the end, she still couldn't change the fate of those who's going to die.

" ... I've seen Okuzawa's body. He died honor—no, I bet you still didn't like it no matter the way he died... However, he lived a great life as a warrior. "
This is probably—no, it's most certainly came from the mouth of someone who has seen many lost and gain, sadness and happiness, throughout all the battles he went fought. The experience of someone who's forged between battle, yet sheathed with a calming tears.

"... You're right... you're right... thank you, I'm alright now. Please go help the other soldiers inside. "
As for Shun, she's someone who's forged... within despair, yet sheathed with perseverance of hoping a ray of light.

" Alright, I'm going inside. Take care! "

" Wait, Harada! Could you check on Souji too?! He ran to the second floor all by himself! "

" Alright! "
.

.

.

Many moments have passed since the reinforcement came, the chaotic situation has gotten under Shinsengumi control as well. However, there's something left amiss.

" Hijikata-san! "
After done treating the injured, Shun's mind occupied with searching for her loved man first.

" Shun. "
He replied, a little bit surprised by her sudden appearance from the backyard. He was just done slicing up an enemy just a second ago. Though he knew that Shun probably has seen something like this before, there's still an urge in his heart that want him to cover her eyes from seeing such scenery.

" Hijikata-San, are you alright? "
That's always been her first choice of question whenever she met him after a fight—or even just a street brawl back in their hometown.

He shifted his body right in front of her vision, subconsciously blocking her vision from what's behind him—though... it's not particularly an any of use, since Shun has seen a lot worst kind of injury as a doctor.

" I'm alright. How about... you? "

" Thanks to everyone, I'm perfectly fine. But... I've lost one of them... Forgive me... I couldn't save him... "
It was a forced smile, even though she never intended it to be that way.

When Shun smiles, the eye bag under her eyes shown to be quite puffy and red. It's usually never this hard for him to breath after engaged from a battle, but whenever he looked at her being like this... it's much harder to do so.

"... Thank you, Shun. You've done well. That warrior too, he must've been proud of you. When things have calmed down you may go to the cemetery where we would buried the honorable warrior. "
Just like back in the old days, a warm wide palm, stretch out to gently pat her head. If only not for her headbands which cover her entire hair, Hijikata would've been able to touch those fluffy hair that smells like autumn. But he knew the reason under those cloth over her head—so as to not show her abnormal crimson hair.