Baby Blue

The situation is nowhere near ... under control. Or to be exact, Hijikata still can't grasp his head on this night personal-meeting with Shun. First, she said about her origin, now there's a yokai suddenly popped out of nowhere in front of him.

If there's one thing he should be concerned with, it's the fact that there's probably no law can judge the two of them. Set aside Heiji who's obviously not under a human law—especially from their own prey— Shun's act on all of this is actually hard to be judged on.

Just like what she said, she only did her duty as the Yokai Priest. She didn't bring harm to any human near her, she protects them instead. Though she did gain something from the yokai's requests, the payment is not by money.

" Hah... "
Hijikata let out an audible big sigh. Knots were made on his brows.

" So? Who's the brat? "
He looked annoyed and he makes sure Shun and Heiji understand that.

" His name is Heiji, a pipe-fox yokai. We've been friends since I was 5. Though, it wasn't my intention to befriend him. He can be pretty mischievous and likes to play pranks on others, but ever since he accompanied me from Edo, he hasn't done anything sort like that without my permission. "
There's calmness in her tone while occasionally glance at the boy a few times sweetly.

" So you accompanied Shun, huh? "
Confirmed Hijikata, raised an eyebrow in amusement.

The yokai just snorted at him, turning his face away from Hijikata with a grunt.

" Hmph, I just tag along to kill time. "

Looking at Heiji's reaction, Hijikata notices how childish this yokai actually is. It's somewhat making him less tense around Heiji.

" You're basically inserting a stranger inside our headquarter. Do you realize how grave your mistake is, Shun? "
His thundering voice rumbling throughout the room with a hint of him holding back his voice as if he's in pain.

Shun tensed up with every bit fears emerged from her heart. Droplets of cold sweat begin to formed on her temple as she bite her lips in desperation. Of course, she realized her own mistakes, but it's mostly due to her own weak heart for not wanting to leave Heiji outside headquarter.

Just when the atmosphere begin to diluted with tension and fear, Heiji speak up his opinion on this matter.

" Inserting a stranger? Who's inserting who again? Listen here, frowned Nii-chan, it's my own choice to tag along with her or not. Me and Shun aren't working together —unless she promised me to give me fried tofu later—The only reason you can accused her with something like inserting some spy into your headquarter is because you're thinking based on a human's law and logic. In the first place, none of you mere human can see us, Yokai, without us letting ourselves to be seen deliberately—except people with Shun's eyes. So your law and judgment are invalid to us. "

"... "

" You can torture her gruesomely just like what you humans like to do, but I won't care the least for her, because we don't have any kinds of connection besides from being an acquaintance. Dunno about the other yokai tho'. "

Now confusion is filling Hijikata's head. When he heard how Heiji talked about his and Shun's relationship is not the least as close as how Shun explained it before, Hijikata is thrown into bewilderment.

" I didn't expect such a snotty brat like you could be so heartless. Cast aside your friend immediately whenever danger approach you. Guess a monster is still a monster at the end. "
Hijikata shot a glare complete with hostility in his tone towards Heiji.

" Yeah? What a hypocrite, I can say the same thing right back at ya. You forgot that you're about to force her to commit suicide? Heh. "
Meanwhile, Heiji being the sarcastic fox he is, snickered at him.