Confession

Morning has come with coldness and sparkling white garden as a gift. The world seems like an endless white paper where bloods and tears will write it down, nevertheless we still couldn't gaze away from this world we lived in.

Sitting down before her own room while staring off at the pure white garden, a steamy breath escaped from Shun's mouth as she sighed in serenity.

" Go back inside soon. You'll catch a cold if sleeping at outside in this weather. "
The gentle hand caressed a fluffy fox head as he sleeping beside Shun.

" Hng... "
He sloppily answered with so little care.

" Come on, I'm not giving you my haori, you know? "
She snugged Heiji's shoulder lightly.

" Bickering already? So first in the morning? "
A deep yet slightly hoarse voice came out of nowhere followed with an almost-inaudible-footstep from Shun's back.

The woman turned her head toward the source of the voice in reflex. Although she already knew the owner of that endearing voice, she still flinched a bit by someone's listening to her conversation with Heiji.

" Hijikata-san, good morning. "
Shun greeted first.

" Mornin'. Did you get a good sleep last night? "
The man proceeds on making a seat by Shun's side.

" Umm... not really actually. I heard something bad came up all of a sudden last night, are you alright? I'm sorry I couldn't see you immediately. "

" Nah, no worries. Bad things will always happen one of these days, you should get more used to it. "

" But that's the reason the Shinsengumi are working so hard, aren't they? I'll never get myself used to bad things, so you guys better keep the town save. "
Shun beamed a smile as she lowered her heads to face Hijikata from below.

Hearing the selfishness from Shun's mouth as a civilian, somewhat make him feel better for an inexplainable reason. Perhaps it's another way of praise his sense of duty.

" Heh, being overly relaxed to me, aren't ya? That's a nice touch to flatter me though. "
Though he did say that, it's actually Hijikata who finally got to relaxed himself after many days of tension.

Acquiring a simple chuckle from Shun, the man then stretch out his arm from under his sleeve. Unexpected by anyone, the man brushing his fingers through Shun's hair and ever so softly ruffled her head.

It was definitely unexpected to anyone—even to Hijikata himself— but even though he's sober and doing it consciously, he still smiled through the loving act.

" S-stop... stop it. "
It would be a huge lie if Shun said she didn't like it, but she doesn't have any choice but to pulled herself away from Hijikata's palm.

" Oh, sorry. Even though you really like it as a kid before, guess the time really flew fast, eh? "
Hijikata has shifted his gaze to the almost-white sky, but soon it will be meeting with Shun's reddish eyes.

" No, you're wrong! "
Replied Shun, sounded a little bit desperate.

" Huh? "

" I mean... "

When Hijikata turn his gaze back to Shun, he can only see a red color on her ears—even though the sky is bright, Shun's seems almost glowing red more than when she's in the dark.