Part 4

Unedited.

Adam Knights POV

"He was my brother." She disclosed.

"Was?"

"We had an argument before I left home, and if he found me then that only means that my father is on his way too." She sounded like she was dreading the inevitable encounter with her family.

"Why are you so scared of meeting your family?" I asked taking a seat next to her on the edge of the bed.

"I'm not scared." She replied looking at me. "I just dread the expected conversation when we do meet again." She added.

"What do you mean?" My confusion multiplied.

She sighed. "I made decisions that went against their, well, my father's will to be exact."

"What's so wrong about that?" I asked.

"In my family's eyes everything is wrong with that. We are raised to never say no to my father, that's considered rudeness and is highly unacceptable." She explained.

"So what was this thing that you went against your father's will for?" I have a hunch I won't be liking whatever she was about to reveal, and I was right because by the end of her sentence I was seeing red.

"I refused to be a third wheel between my ex husband and his new wife." She shrugged.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"What? Changed your mind about marrying me, now that you know I'm a divorcee?" She teased with a hint of seriousness to her voice.

"Do you really think I'm that shallow?"

She simply shrugged. "I don't really know, the last one I trusted proved me wrong." I thought she would be sad about her husband's betrayal, but her tone indicated that she could care less.

"What exactly happened?"

"He cheated. It was an expected outcome of a forced marriage. However the reason to it all is what really got me, he married me to save his so called beloved from his father's clutches." She said with a hint of sadness. "And the biggest surprise is that my father knew of his plans of using me, his daughter, yet he did nothing to try and save me. He knew he was cheating on me all the time, and he had the audacity to slap me when I told them I would be leaving him." A tear slipped her right eye onto her precious rosy cheek.

"He was that money hungry that he sold his only daughter to the devil, and was ready to force me back in that hellhole just to make sure his pockets stayed filled to the brim, can you imagine that?" She chuckled slightly with no humour with, her tears still streaming down her cheeks while looking at me.

I was pacing the room in anger by the time she finished. I took the flowers' vase that was on the vanity table and threw it on the wall, the shattering noise of glass doing little to nothing to pacify my raging temper. How fucking dare they treat her like that, like a mere trading object. "What about your brother? What role did he have in all this?" I asked not looking at her, I don't know what the sight of her drying tears could do to my awoken beast.

She didn't answer, she just continued crying. "Answer me, Emma!" I tried to be as calm as possible.

"He- he said that father was right, that I should stick to my husband no matter what as long as he is willing to take me. He didn't dare go against our father and fall out of his grace." She hiccuped slightly. I summoned all my energy to calm myself down before I settled on the bed next to her.

I uncovered her face, and kissed each of knuckles. She looked at me with her big sad hazel eyes. Her shoulder length auburn hair almost like a curtain shielding her face from me, I took the strands and put them behind her ear before I took her my arms. "Shh- don't cry baby. I'll make them pay for everything they did to you, just say it." I said caressing her back softly. 

"No, I don't want anything that would facilitate their way into my life again. I don't want them anywhere near me." She said into my chest.

"As you wish. Just know that I'm here, with you, always." I assured.

"I know, but I'm afraid that that would be the reason the same drama would take place again. My brother came to know of my hiding and of you, which means my father isn't far away." Her tone was very different from the one of the woman I knew as my PA. she wasn't confident anymore, this woman in my arms was betrayed and vulnerable

How can a father be the reason of fear in his only daughter's life, he wasn't even worthy of the title he possesses. He wasn't- isn't worthy of her.

"They won't do anything, not when I'm here. No one will ever harm you in any way."

"Harm was already done. I'm afraid they would use me to get to you and your wealth, or they would drag me back to that worthless excuse of an ex. Money attracts them like moth to flame after all." She confessed.

"Never! Nobody will ever take you away from me, and they certainly can't outsmart me in my own domain." I'm sure she could feel the tension in my body, and no matter how much I hated to distress her I couldn't control my anger at the mere thought of anyone taking her from me.

I would ruin anybody that try to come in between us. She was mine, and I would be damned if I sit there watching her being terrorised by those pieces of shits and do nothing.

Jealousy and possessiveness had always been the trigger to my beast. I never tolerate when someone threatens what's mine, my already short temper would skyrocket, and the consequences of such are always dire.

Soon her breathing evened out, I laid her on the bed careful not to wake her.

I kissed her forehead tenderly, and headed to my home office to prepare for the meeting tomorrow.

I wish today was the last day I encounter any of her family members, for their sake. Though there was something telling that that won't be the case.

A/N

Hey, lovelies! Sorry for the supper late update, hope you enjoy.

And please don't forget to vote and comment.

Until next time, bye bye.

Mi-M-Ab.