Part 32

Unedited.

Third Person POV

Gerald spent the whole day running between his friends that are in positions higher than the president himself as he referred to them, but all answered with one short sentence. "A.L is not someone I want to mess with."

Some of them didn't even bother to meet him, they sent their words through their secretaries.

The 24 hours were about to end and he found no one that did so much as listening to him until the end.

They were all scared shitless that they might end up in the same predicament as Gerald if they dared to help him. One phone call from Müller to each of them was all it took for them to know that their power is nothing compared to hers.

With that one simple phone call all their dirty laundry was thrown at them, and they knew that someone who could destroy Gerald in the span of two days had no problem in doing the same for them.

When he knew that there's nothing he could do to get out of this he opted to do the one thing he had left.

If he was going to go down anyway, he wanted to do it himself instead of being hunted down like stray dogs. Maybe then he could save his family at the very least, so he fished his phone out.

He spent awhile looking at it, then he hesitantly dialled the number that haunted him for the past couple of days.

It rang for a while without any response and just when he was about to hung up, an unexpected voice rang on the other side of the phone. It was of the voice of the one person because of whom all this ordeal started in the first place.

"The same place where this all started in an hour from now." Jürgen said as soon as the call connected. It was as if they were expecting his call because he wasn't even given the chance to speak before the line went dead.

Gerald knew the place he meant all too well, he knew that Jürgen meant the warehouse where he killed that man years ago.

The same man he got him arrested for.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Hello, gramps! Remember me?" Gerald recognised the voice as the one of the kid from the video.

He just pushed the door to the abandoned warehouse and the boy's voice that came out of no where startled him that Gerald jumped back causing him to lose his footing.

"Dude, I know I'm extremely handsome, but no one ever fall on their butt upon seeing me. I think I like you already." Giuseppe winked at the old man on the floor. "Boss, can I keep him?" He looked at Emma at the far end of the room, expectantly like he was talking about a puppy he wanted so desperately.

Emma just rolled her eyes at the noisy weird boy.

"Bring him here." She ordered one of the guards that are standing not far from the door instead of responding to Giuseppe.

"Oh, come on, boss. He's the first to literally fall for my looks, you can't just deprive me from that!" He whined while following the guards that dragged Gerald to where Emma was.