Book II - Part 4

Unedited.

Third Person POV

            Flashbacks (5 years ago).

Days turned into weeks and in a blink a whole month had passed already without a sign of Emma or any of her people. Even the Crawlers went off the radar, no one heard or seen them since the explosion.

They went deep under that it's almost like they never existed in the first place.

Same goes with Emma, Jeff still couldn't locate her no matter how hard he searched or how many people he sent in search for her, he would always come up empty handed.

Adam was turning violent each passing day, Jeff knew it's because they still hadn't located Emma yet, but he didn't know if his boss was acting that way because of worry or simple pure rage.

Adam himself wasn't in tune with his emotions at the moment, he didn't know why he was on edge. Was it because of his anger towards Emma for acting the way she did, or because of her sudden disappearance?

Was he worried about her or his unborn child. The fact that she probably was injured or in danger did bother him, but the intense anger was still there nonetheless.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"You haven't found them yet?" Adam asked impatiently.

"No, sire." Jeff responded.

"Are you that incompetent to be unable to find a whole fucking gang that disappeared less than a month ago, or are you simply enjoying wasting my time and money?" Adam questioned, pissed off at his men for allowing things to come to this, if only they did their jobs correctly none of this would have happened.

"I'm sorry, sire, but if Mrs. Knights is moving according how she was trained, it will be hard to find her especially if Müller is with her to make sure she does not commit a mistake. The same thing goes with her gang since they were trained by her and Müller personally." Jeff said.

"Call that old geezer, tell him it's best he crack his fucking brain to help finding her or else I won't be responsible for what happens to him after this." Adam said.

"But that's basically a declaration of war." Jeff argued.

"Does it look like I care!"

Jeff nodded his head when he saw how angry his boss was, he fished his phone out and obliged.

Moments later Jeff handed Adam the phone. "He said to put you through." He said when Adam raised his eyebrow in question.

Adam took the phone and heaved a frustrated sigh before putting it on ear. "Adam speaking." He said.

"What is this all about, boy!" Came an old man voice from the other side of the phone.

"Exactly what you heard. You have 48 hours to bring her in front of me." Adam said in his signature cold tone.

"How on earth would I know where to find her when you couldn't!" Exclaimed the man.

"I didn't train her, if I did I would definitely know." Adam maintained the same tone. "Listen, old man, I don't know what you got up your sleeves and I don't really care about knowing it. Just find her or give me hints to find her, else this Adam will be replaced with a-not-so-kind one." He added, frustratingly.

"I didn't think you were being kind." Said the old man sarcastically.

Adam pulled the phone from his ear and almost threw it on the wall in front of him, but he took deep silent breath to calm himself. This old geezer sure knows how to get on his nerves. He thought angrily.

Adam put the phone back on his ear. "So what's it gonna be?" He asked the old man.

"Annalise wouldn't appreciate this behaviour of yours." The old man said.

"That's just it, I don't care what your dear Annalise would think, not after she bombed my house with me in it!" Adam exclaimed. "And let's be honest, Rob, A.L or Annalise as you prefer to call her is not the same Annalise that you once knew and got used to. I'm sure she would be extremely pleased with me if she comes to find out that I hurt you, don't you think?" Adam added in an overly sweet tone.

"Okay maybe she's angry with me a bit, but I'm sure it's not to that extent." Rob said.

"Oh, come on. You know A.L more than anyone, she doesn't bomb people whom she's just mad at them. I bet she loathes you more than she does me. Why would you think she chose only those four places to bomb, leaving the people she's so sure of their involvement from the very beginning?" Adam told him. "The strong the feelings are, the more painful betrayal becomes, and thus the severe the punishment is. She must have found out some of the secrets we hid from her from the wrong side and deciphered them wrongly." He added.

"But-"

"I did not call to have a session about Emma's thoughts when she bombed us." Adam cut him off. "I saved your life, you owe me. Find her or tell me where to." He told him.

"Alright then, I'll call you when I do." Rob said.

Adam hung up the phone and handed it to Jeff, and reached his hand to his ringing phone in his breast pocket to check who was calling him. When he saw the name- or rather the emoticon that lit his phone screen, he stood there gobsmacked for awhile while watching his phone's screen.

It was a shyly blushing and smiling emoticon, one that Emma registered for herself. She said she preferred it over the cliché names that couples put for their significant other.

However what got Adam shocked was why Emma was calling him after she deliberately vanished for a whole month.

Was everything okay with her? What got her to call him first, knowing that she would compromise her location that way.

It was as if the Adam that was fussing about finding Emma up 'till moments ago, to repay her for what she did to him and his men never existed.

That Adam was replaced by a worried sick husband and father, worried that something might actually have happened to her or one of his children.

He was snapped out of his reverie when the phone rung for the second time.

"Dad, help me please." Came the voice of a frightened Giuseppe when the call connected, alerting Adam even more.

A/N

Hey, guys!

Hope you enjoy the chap, don't forget to vote and comment.

Until next time, happy reading!

Mi-M-Ab.