Book II - Part 26

Unedited.

Third Person POV

"So you're saying my daughter's planning something?" David asked Rob.

"Yes, something's fishy about the whole set up, I just can't seem to put my finger on it yet." Rob confirmed.

"I found nothing fishy about it, loyalties change. You of all people should know that the best because yours did." David said.

"Yeah, I would believe that if it was anybody else but Müller." Rob retorted. "And stop holding onto that, what I did isn't really considered a change." He added, rolling his eyes at him.

"Yeah? You took my daughter's side instead of mine, that sure is a change in my dictionary." David said, with a raised brow, daring hi to disagree.

"No, that doesn't count since you've been on your daughter's side all along, only she was unaware of it. So, technically, I never change sides. I was always with the Monarchs and will always be." Rob said.

"Keep it low, would you!" David hissed. "I don't want any snooping ears to catch any of that just yet." He added.

"I think it's about time you come clean, only then any of us would be able to see our grandkids. Emma is not going to budge from her decision until she knows the truth." Rob said.

"Is it guaranteed that any of that will happen?" David said, as he stood up from his chair and went to the huge window that was overviewing the city of Istanbul. He seemed as if he was I deep thought. "It's been almost nine years since I saw my daughter face to face, my granddaughter doesn't even know I am her grandfather, she doesn't even know she has a maternal grandfather. Adam and Emma are right, they should keep her as far away from us as possible for her safety, I don't think I want to change any of that." He said, longingly.

"Are you for real right now?" Rob was dumbfounded. "You're saying you're willing to sacrifice everything, our family, for that stupid secret!" He snapped. "She's bound to found out! That is if Adam hadn't already told her, I'm sure he told her about the Monarchs history. The only thing that he may have left out was this secret of yours."

"I don't think so, if he had she would have had barged through those doors long before you did. And yes, I'm willing to keep things like this at all costs, until the plan succeeded at least. I don't care how much that would cost me." David said.

"That plan may backfire at the last moment, you never know! Then you'd have not only blew everything up for the both of us, but also pit their lives in more danger than they already were." Rob said, obviously frustrated.

"Let's go back to our original topic, shall we? Why do you think Müller is planning something?" David said, changing the subject.

"Whatever, keep on ignoring everything until it comes back to bite you in the ass one day!" Rob said in the same tone.

"Rob!" David snapped, he was fed up with having this conversation with him. Whenever he was around, the only topic they discussed is this one or how he ignored Emma's late mother's wishes of never involving her in the underworld affairs. Rob made sure he never forgot those two things.

"Müller distanced himself from his father, his family and all of us for Emma's sake. Someone who went to such lengths to protect someone would never turn their backs on them just like that or without a proper reason at least." Rob explained.

"Again, things happen and people change." David said. "Just because he was once loyal to her that he would offer his life for her doesn't mean he would always stay like that." He added.

"The Müller I know, would. He's not one to change overnight." Rob vouched.

"Why are you so sure?"

"Because he's his father's son. That family have something for loyalty, they rather starve to death than to stab the people they consider their own in their backs. He was raised by his father, my right hand, Max. Everything he knew, he got it from him so-" Rob trailed off, obviously telling him to figure the rest out by himself.

"That means my suspicions were right! My daughter's indeed brewing something." David said.

"What Do you mean?"

"I've been getting some real weird reports from both sides these past few days, I was still trying to figure out what they all mean when you came in." David disclosed.

"What reports?" Rob asked, both curious and worried. The tone David used told him things are far complicated than they seem.

"There has been some unusual movement on Emma's side, unusable and random. Almost as if planned to be seen as spontaneous as possible." David said.

"Cut the suspense off, David, and just get into it." Rob was frustrated with his way of prolonging the suspense, if he didn't know better, he would say he was doing it on purpose to get on his nerves, or maybe he was.

"Müller is not the only one who changed sides." He finally said.

"Huh?"

"At least three more people went into their pockets. I'm not sure yet which ones are used for a diversion and which went there on their own." David elaborated.

"What if they all serve as a diversion?" Rob said after few moments of silence.

"Could be, but why? Why would she risk her and her family's safety just to divert the elders' attention?" David questioned. "I even heard they were aware of Gisela's survival." He added.

"Are your sources reliable?" Rob asked.

"Yes, very much so." David replied, looking puzzled at this random question of his friend. "Why?" He asked.

"I may just have figured out what our daughter is planning." Rob said smirking.

"What? What is it?" David asked, his tone held a hint of urgency he tried to hide but couldn't.

"She's most probably applying the first rule she was taught when she was first introduced to the ways of underworld." He explained, grinning proudly. "If so, she sure as hell is doing us proud."  He added with the same expression.

"The best defence is a good offence." David voiced the rule Rob was talking about.

A/N

Hello, lovelies!

So did you get anything out of this chap? Any clues on what they were talking about?

Hope you enjoy the update.

Until next time, happy reading, everyone!

Mi-M-Ab.