Book II - Part 24

Unedited.

Third Person POV

It was few days after the incident with Gisela, the whole family was trying to put it past them and start anew, and though forgetting the whole thing had proven to be quite tedious and almost impossible especially since the horrendous behaviour came from their little angle, they seem to have succeeded in partially burying it in the past especially now that Gisela's healed.

The only reminder of the incident would be the enormously huge scar on Gisela's arm, but they're working their way around it, to make sure it doesn't affect neither the little girl nor them. They don't want her to be self-conscious about it which is why they try to act like normal with her, like nothing have changed, including the way they look at her.

Emma woke up late at night and found the water jug empty, she seemingly have forgotten to refill it because of how busy she was these days.

She went to pry Adam's hands from around her waist, and after much struggle she finally succeeded. The man had an iron grip even in his sleeping state, and even though he was a deep sleeper he always wakes up whenever she attempts to get out of bed. That's why she was gentle when she moved his hands from around her, she didn't want to wake him up.

He rarely sleep nowadays, since that day, he buried himself in work and company that he barely have time to sleep. He, however, make sure he's there when he should, like meals times and family time and stuff so that Gisela doesn't notice but he was never the same after that day.

Emma caught him multiple times in Gisela's room, late at night when everyone's gone to sleep. He would caress their daughter's locks and cheeks for a while and murmur stuff so lowly she couldn't hear.

She tries her best to bring him out of this state, but she seems to have a lot of work to do to reach her goal.

"Where are you going, baby?" Emma murmured in a husky voice, eyes still closed as he rewrapped his arms around her and pulled her to his chest. He was obviously still asleep.

"Adam, let go. I'm thirsty." Emma struggled in his embrace.

"Drink, I'm not stopping you." He said in the same tone as he tightened his arms around her some more and buried his head in her neck.

"There's no water here, I have to go fetch some." She said.

He didn't answer.

"Adam!" She said, tapping his shoulder softly.

"Baby, come one let me go. I won't be gone for long." She bargained.

"Say it again." Adam opened one of his eyes and looked at her.

"Let me go?" She feigned ignorance, she knew what he meant, but it was fun to rile him up.

"Emma!" He warned.

"Adam." She imitated, with a hint of seductiveness in her voice.

"It's not time, I'm tired and I have a meeting few hours away." He said, now both of his eyes wide open and sleep seemed to have abandoned him.

"Who's stopping you from sleeping, honey?" She used the same tone, she knew how it affected her husband.

Adam was on top of her in an instant. "It's not fun to tease me this late, honey." Emma laughed loudly at his sudden reaction, he snapped his finger and the room was lit dimly right after.

"Oh, but it definitely is fun." She said as she encircled her arms around his board muscly shoulders. "You know you like-"