Book II - Part 14

Here is it once again, I hope it doesn't disappear again!

Unedited.

Rob POV

"What do you mean, you don't have her?" I asked, irritated with him.

"We weren't the ones who kidnapped her." He confessed.

"Then who the hell did!" I boomed, angrily.

"I don't know, but I have a hunch Müller has something to do with it." He said.

"Are you fucking with me right now!" I exclaimed. "Why would Müller who turned his back on the underworld for Emma's sake kidnap her offspring?" I questioned.

"Don't tell me you haven't thought of it, I mean if I can see it everybody can. Müller is not one to be kidnapped just like that." He said.

He had a point there, Müller's a master in martial arts, his strength is impeccable and not only the physical one.

The man has a brain of a machine, he can calculate things perfectly well without missing a beat which made him A.L's most trusted person.

However he swore loyalty to her, and Müller is not someone to break his oaths. He considered A.L as his young miss and escorted her as one even when she had nothing to her name and was outcasted.

A person like that would not discard everything and stab his young miss in the back just because she lost her memories and her true self along the way, or would he?

Unless-

"Something's wrong about this whole set up, don't you think?" He said, dragging me out of my thoughts.

"You think Müller is trying to make a comeback?" I asked him.

"I don't know, why don't you ask his father. He's the one who trained him after all, he's the most likely person to know how his mind works." He told me.

"Max's unaware of his son's movements, has been for the last decade or so." It was true, Müller did not only change sides when he was assigned to Emma, but he also ceased all contact with people from the underworld, I wouldn't say he severed ties with his family but he changed completely while he was in the exile with Emma. He was more focused on getting Emma back on her feet and training her to be the ruthless woman she became, he may not have said it, but his actions proved that he only sees Emma slash A.L as family.

Even after they came back home victorious, they came different. More confident, more ruthless, more calculative, and cold as ice. They only trusted each other until that Jürgen guy came along and they included him in their little group.

The only difference was Emma slowly opened up to me while Müller steered clear of all of us, his father included. He didn't stop talking with him or any of us for that matter, he just stopped including him in every single thing concerning him like before. Maybe because he was aware of what we were causing the young miss he then saw as family to go through, how we were playing her like a doll without blinking despite how genuinely she cared for us and worked hard to ensure our safety.

It was most probably his way of punishing his father and us along with himself for keeping her in the dark and playing her the way we did, it was his way of lessening the burden of his guilty conscience that kept on getting heavier by the second.

"He's a mafia, the blood thirst would have been unbearable to bear, his hands must have been itchy for a while now. Once a mafia, always a mafia. You can't just expect him to sit back and play the role of the loving uncle and the loyal bodyguard to someone who doesn't remember his face. He would want to come back to where he belongs, and the little girl's his ticket to that." He assumed.

"If Müller is the one who's behind this, I want him found. I don't care what you do to him all I want is for Gisela to return home before evening, or y'all won't like the consequences." I warned.

"What's to be done with Müller is not my decision to make, it's the elders. However I'll try my best to find the little miss and bring it back home." He said, but his tone wasn't convincing to Rob, he knew he was bluffing when he said he would do his best to find Gisela. Rob knew he wouldn't, if anything he would make sure she never comes back to her mother just to break them.

"Just know that I'm not someone you want as an enemy neither is Adam, so make sure you fulfill the promise you just made." My made sure my tone showed him I'm not to be fooled.

"I'll contact you when I get some new information on their location." He said and I agreed before we hung up.

I sighed tiredly when the call ended, Adam will sure be pissed right now. I was told that Emma never stopped crying from the moment Gisela went missing few hours ago, and I was sure Giuseppe's condition wasn't far from his father's.

It's hard for capable people like them to deal with being unable to do anything to get their little one back home safe and sound.

Maybe what he said is right, maybe Müller really betrayed them to get back to where he belonged or maybe my theory is right.

Maybe the time has come for my meeting with Emma.

However before that I'll need to contact him first.

I reached my hand out for my office phone and called my secretary.

"Yes, sir." Her voice came through the phone after the first ring.

"Clear my schedule for the rest of the week, and tell the pilot to have the plane ready by noon." I ordered.

"Where to, sir?"

"Turkey." I replied.

"Do I need to call and arrange an appointment for you, sir?" She asked.

"No need, he'd be expecting me." I told her and hung up.

I need to sort things out, it's time to make things right. I will not allow the mistakes of the past to affect our present and future.

I will do everything in my power to prevent history from repeating itself.

A/N

Hey, lovelies! How's it going?

I think you all now have an idea on who Rob and Max are, I gave you a very clear hint for you to figure that out.

So what do you think of the happenings in this chapter and the one before it? Is Müller really turning into a bad guy?

Hope you enjoy the update.

Until next time, happy reading, everyone!

Mi-Mi-Ab.