Part 35

Unedited.

Third Person POV

Emma and Adam both shot up from their bed when an ear piercing scream resonated through the mansions' walls followed by another series of screams and shouts.

They ran down the stairs to the direction of the sound which was coming of Giuseppe's room.

Giuseppe was residing with them since the very first day as per Emma's orders.

When they entered the room they found Müller and Jürgen trying to contain the wild child who apparently was still suffering from the nightmare that woke him up.

He kept on repeating, 'he's coming! He's going to kill me too.' Or some incoherent words about his dead sister.

Emma stepped forward the thrashing kid who was trying to get out of both Müller and Jürgen's grip. She put her hands on his cheeks. "Hey, look at me." She coerced softly.

When he felt her hands on his face he lifted his eyes to meet her concerned ones. "It's okay. Everything is going to be okay, I promise." She comforted.

She signalled for them to release him and they obeyed.

"You don't understand, he killed her for helping me. He found me. He will kill me. He is coming." He started talking incoherently while crying.

"No one's ever going to touch you." She assured. "You know I always keep my promises, right?" She asked.

Giuseppe nodded his head, agreeing with her. "And I promise you nothing will happen to you, trust me." She nodded slowly assuring him once again.

"B- but Daniella's dead." He said sobbing.

Emma hugged him to her. "He will pay for it, I'll make him shed double the amount of tears he made you shed along the years. He will come crawling to your feet asking- begging for your forgiveness." Emma promised darkly while running her hand up and down his back softly in attempt to sooth him.

Giuseppe kept on crying both in fear and sadness. The one person who risked all to save him just vanished from the face of earth, he could never reach out for her again. She was no longer by his side.

He was alone.

"I don't have anybody anymore." He sobbed, clutching Emma's nightwear tightly in his small hands.

"You have me, I'll never leave you." She said. "Now stop worrying and sleep." She laid him down on his bed, fixed the covers on him and kissed him on the forehead gently.

She turned to leave, but his hand stopped her. "Stay with me." His eyes pleaded.

Emma looked at Adam and the guys to leave them alone. Adam was hesitant for a while, but he felt for the boy who laid on his bed scared and disheveled. So he turned around and exited the room.

Giuseppe scooted over to make some space for her on his bed. She laid next to him and started caressing his soft locks tenderly.

Giuseppe clenched the edge of her nightwear tightly as he closed his eyes.

She kept running her hand through his hair gently until he was asleep.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Emma kept watching the once cheerful and lively Giuseppe wallow in grief that was slowly turning him into another person.

He never laughs anymore nor throw his silly comments whenever a chance presents itself. He's always training or locking himself up in his room.

Even his expression is now somewhat gloomy and cold.

He was not the Giuseppe she met few days ago.

Only one thing that remained unchanged about him since that fateful day, he always sleeps next to Emma. If he doesn't he wakes up yelling, sweating, and shaking like a leaf.

He has to have her by his side for him to have a somewhat peaceful sleep, and convincing Adam was always her part.

Adam hated sharing the most, but with Emma he hated it all the more. He wanted her undivided attention, and he wasn't easy to convince that the child needed her more than he did.

However, eventually he got convinced of that obvious fact.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Emma decided to interfere when she saw the boy she cherished slip further away with each passing day from what he once was.

So she did exactly what Müller once did to her. She delivered the same words he once told her when she was in her weakest shapes. "Revenge is sweet when served personally, if you don't want to miss that taste I suggest you stand back up on your feet, train thrice harder, and serve it the way you deem fit." She said to an almost asleep Giuseppe.

"Easier said than done. I'm not like you, I'm not invincible." The boy said weakly.

"No one is ever invincible, only the Almighty is. However we get to be the closet thing to that." She said.

"The closest thing to that needs a lot of energy, and mine right now has abandoned me. All I wish to do is sleep the rest of my life away." Giuseppe said.

"Then your sister's sacrifices will go in vain. Every time she fought for you to continue on will be in vain, those who stole her youth away will go unpunished." Emma tried once again to revert the boy's anger, hopelessness, and frustrations to something more useful. More distracting.

Giuseppe tilted his head to look at her properly before he got back to his position.

"An eye for an eye. If someone bites you, you should bite them back ten times harder or else might just become useless." She said when she saw how her words started affecting him.

He nodded his head ever so slightly before surrendering to sleep.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

The next morning Emma was having breakfast with Adam on the balcony of their room when their room flew open and Giuseppe barged in. His roaming eyes landed on every corner of the room searching for Emma before her voice is rang from the balcony.

"In here, Giuseppe." She guided.

Giuseppe skipped to the balcony and stood there idly waiting for them to finish. "Sit down and have breakfast with us." Said Emma.

Giuseppe obliged and took a seat between them. He started playing with his food, not really hungry.

After awhile he finally restored his lost courage, and blurted what he came there for.

"Adopt me."

A/N

Hey, lovelies. I know it's been awhile, but I was busy with some stuff.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the update.

Until next time.

Mi-M-Ab.