Book II - Part 32

Unedited.

Third Person POV

When the mission ended, Emma left her grandfather's palace and headed home after she entrusted Sam and Puerto to escort her stepmother back to her hotel.

She was sure the woman won't utter a beep of what happened to anyone because she would be busy trying to get over the fact that her son just died in front of her in the most horrendous way possible and she couldn't move a finger to prevent it from happening or at least lessening the pain he was exposed to.

The reason Emma spared Mila's life was not out of pity or anything of such, it was purely because she wasn't done with her yet. Her torture just started and she was planning on prolonging it for a very long time.

Just like Milan prolonged Emma's mother torture.

When Emma reached home, Adam was already there with Jeff in the living room. He stood up when he saw her and met her halfway.

Emma could tell by the look on her husband face that she has a lot to explain.

She went to him and hugged him. "I'll explain everything later at your office." She whispered in his ear before pecking him slightly on the corner of his cheek, right under his ear.

Adam nodded as he kissed her head softly.

"Has Ela reached?" She asked him after she broke the hug.

"Yeah, Jeff just came from the safe house he left her in with Jürgen and Müller." Adam replied.

"Good, I'll go take a shower and change then I'll meet you upstairs in your office." Emma said as she headed towards the stairs.

"Honey?" Adam called.

"Yes?" She halted and turned to look at him.

"Someone's here to meet you." He informed.

"Someone who?" She asked raising one of her eyebrows when she saw the uncomfortableness he tried to hid with his indifferent expression.

"David." He stated, casually.

"You mean the David that I know?" Her eyebrow kept raised.

"Yes, David Sampson." He confirmed.

Emma scoffed. "He's here? In our house?"

"Yes, Emma, he's in the guests' living room." Adam said, a bit annoyed with her obvious questions.

"Okay." She said before she resumed her walk to the stairs.

"You do know that the guests' living room is in the other way." Adam said, pointing his finger at the far corner of the house.

"I know where it is, Adam." She said without as she climbed the stairs.

"And?"

"Let him wait, he came without an appointment after all." She said.

"Emma-"

"After I finish whatever that is on my schedule for the day, I'll see if I have time left to meet him if not he can always grab an appointment and come another time." She said cutting him off.