Part 41

Unedited.

Third Person POV

Emma slowly opened her eyes, so that the light doesn't worsen her headache. "What happened?" She asked the blurry figure of whom she knew was Adam. 

"Baby, are you okay?" Adam held her hand tightly as if to assure himself that she was indeed fine.

"My head is killing me." She moaned in pain. "What happened?" She repeated.

"You fainted earlier." Adam told her.

"Ah, one of my episodes. Damn they're getting stronger and stronger." She assumed.

"No, it wasn't one of your episodes this time." Adam said, then he was silent for a while before he continued. "You're pregnant." His eyes were dancing with unsuppressed joy.

Emma was happy for a short period of time before Michael's last words rung in her ear, then her smile was wiped clean off of her face.

Adam saw the sudden change in her demure before she acted upon it, but he didn't think much of it. He thought it was because of the sudden news, that she needed time to process it.

It never occurred to him that her ex's visit would have anything to do with it.

Emma tried her best to refrain from showing anything in her expressions to Adam, she didn't want to judge him based on baseless assumptions that may or may not be right.

However her mind kept telling her that what Michael whispered in her ear before he left was indeed true, it made sense. It was the only explanation to what happened at that time.

"Where's Müller?" Emma asked.

"What? Are you serious right now?" Adam was dumbfounded. Was that really the first thing came to her mind after he told her she was pregnant with their child. Something was definitely wrong. Adam thought.

"Why?"

"Nothing." Adam shook his head, he didn't want to stress her in her situation. "Müller was around here. I'll call him in for you." He told her.

"No, I'll find him myself." She told him.

Adam sighed. "Emma-"

"Please, Adam, I want to breath in some fresh air." She cut him off, knowing exactly what he was going to say.

"Okay," he nodded his head in agreement. "Just don't be out for long, it's cold out there, and wear something warm." He added.

Emma nodded.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Call in Müller and Jürgen." Emma ordered one of the guards that was standing outside the conference room, then she entered the room and sat down waiting for them.

Moments later there was a knock on the door before it was open by Müller who let himself in followed by Jürgen.

"Take a seat." Emma nodded in the direction of the seats opposite from her.

Jürgen sat but Müller kept standing as always. "Always the one who draws lines perfectly." Commented Emma. "You know why I called you in here?" She asked, standing up.

Both men looked at each other before fixing their gazes on her. "No." Jürgen replied.

"No, ma'am." Replied Müller.