Part 19

Unedited.

Third Person POV

"Have you called young miss yet?" Asked the man who looked to be in his early thirties rather than late forties.

"Yes, sir. I was told she just boarded the plane." Informed the young man.

They were on their toes, waiting for their young miss' arrival. They didn't tell Müller the situation in details because of the chaos they were dealing with at the moment, they just told him the gist of it, and that Emma's attendance is needed.

They knew that the old man's name alone was enough for her to leave everything behind and be with him. He made sure he has an influence in her life when he cared for her more than his own offsprings. Despite how stern and strict in her upbringing he was, he did care deeply for her wellbeing. He urged her to develop and helped her gathering some of the most competent men in the underworld as pillars to the gang that was made to protect her and her brother.

He was her godfather that stood as her father in times of need.

Therefore he was the person she loved and cared for the most after her late mother.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"How did this happen?" Boomed Emma as soon as she entered the hall.

"We're not sure, miss. He went to his bed perfectly fine when suddenly the alarm inside his room went off." Informed the man from earlier.

Emma whipped her head up in the man's direction. "You left him alone? In his condition?" She questioned angrily.

"The doctor told us to leave them alone since he wanted to do some tests." The man explained.

"When did the alarm go off? While the doc was with him or after he left?"

"Right after he left."

"Bring me this doctor, Max. I want him in less than an hour." Emma ordered while taking a seat.

"I'm sorry, miss. I didn't know it would be this great of a risk to leave his side." Apologised the middle aged man.

"The thing is you put your life on the line when you went against my direct order, and endangered Papa's life."

Max knew he fucked up the moment the alarm went off, but Emma's look just confirmed it. What he did was an amateur mistake, and he was far from amateur. He spent nearly 30 years of his life in this life. He knew better than to disobey orders from their young miss, especially orders that concerned Papa's safety.

She may be somewhat lenient when it comes to him because the old man favours him, but he'd seen how scary and unpredictable she can be. And the one thing that ignites her wrath the most was when her Papa's safety is threatened.

Max kneeled in front of her in a submitting way before speaking. "I'm ready for whatever punishment you bestow on me, young miss."

"Bring me that doc first, your punishment comes after fixing whatever mess you caused." Stated Emma while leaning slightly with both her elbows on her knees and her fingers intertwined in front of her.

Max nodded before standing up, fixing his suit and exiting the door. He was quite the bulky man and rather scary. He knew when to talk and when to not.

He holds a great position in the underworld not only because he was Papa's right hand man, but also because of his own reputation of cruelness. It was a common fact that one of the reasons of Papa's organisations both the legal and illegal ones' development was because of his brain and Max's loyalty and readiness to do whatever it takes for Papa.