Part 12

Unedited.

Third Person POV

Adam has been distant since that night, he wouldn't touch nor come near Emma like he used to do.

It was as if he knew something he wasn't supposed to, something that would put him in the harms way. And she wasn't happy about that fact, not one bit.

She was racing against time as it is, and she didn't want nor need to add any extra issues on her already full plate.

She kept thinking about how she would solve this new issue while pacing the living room until she heard the main door opening.

She went there thinking it was Adam, but was surprised when she was met with an angry red-haired beauty. "How may I help you?" Asked Emma, curiously yet politely.

"By vanishing from here before I make you!" Snapped the girl, angrily while shooting daggers at Emma.

"Pardon?" She was dumbfounded.

"This is my boyfriend's house, so you better scram you pathetic wench!" The girl almost shouted.

"Oh really?" Emma mocked. "I thought it was my fiancé's, I must've gotten in here by mistake. Wait let me call him to confirm." She fished her phone out to do just that when she was stopped.

"W- what are you doing? Y- you don't have to bother him just for that." The once confident and angry woman was replaced with a frightened little kitten.

Emma looked at her for awhile then she started laughing.

The woman looked at her, curious as to why she was suddenly laughing.

Then a slap suddenly echoed in the air.

"How pathetic!" Scoffed Emma before fishing out a handkerchief and wiped her hand off

The girl staggered back because of the force of the slap and the change of Emma's demure. "W- what?" She stuttered, holding her cheek.

"Just where did you get the courage to come to me when Adam's name alone knocked your breath out!" Emma's harsh tone resonated in the air, taking the girl by surprise. It went from polite and welcoming to a chilly cold one. "What? Cat got your tongue? Or did you think if you come here shouting and snapping I'll hand you what's mine on a platter of gold?" Continued Emma. "Even if I were to give Adam up, it certainly won't be for a person like you. Don't let me see you again or you'll regret the day you dared to challenge me." She warned.

"I'm s- sorry. I didn't-"

"Scram already!" She snapped before turning around and started walking back to the living room.

"GRETTA!" She shouted for the head maid when the woman was gone.

A woman in her late thirties came running to the living room. "Yes, Mrs. Knights?" She bowed slightly.

"What was that about?" She asked calmly, her original sweet tone coming back.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. One of the maids let her in because she told her she was your cousin." Gretna explained.

"This will be the last time something like this happens. I didn't employ you for nothing, you know that no one outside immediate family members is to come inside the premises without Adam's or my permission. You should let the employees know too." Still turning her back to the lady.