Part 16

Unedited.

Third Person's POV

Flashbacks

On a rainy night, in one of Berlin streets, a strong bulky man with a tan skin that was covered with muscles was standing in front of a kneeling girl that was continously getting drenched by the ruthless rhythm of the falling rain drops in a cold winter night.

The man held a strong unflattering glare at the barely conscious girl.

He then moved from under the umbrella that was held by one of his multiple bodyguards, and into the rain before kneeling in front of the girl. "How could you be so stupid!" Hissed the angry and venomous voice of the same man.

"I- I didn't know the-" she barely spoke while heaving and panting heavily.

"Well, they did know. I told your stupid ass to stay put until further notice, but you just had to disobey me, didn't you?"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." She kept on repeating continously without a stop while sobbing loudly.

"Your apology isn't going to fix anything." The man sighed while running his hand through his already graying hair. "You'll be moved immediately to Italy, everything you had here will be forgotten and wiped clean. You better not come back until you're ready to fight." He said with a tone of finality before standing up.

"You'll accompany her." He ordered one of his bodyguards.

The stiff, muscled, and otherworldly handsome man nodded curtly at him before the old man got into his car and drove away.

The moment the cars were out of sight, the poor girl dropped down like a dry leaf. She was holding up with all her might not to crumble in front of him and his men.

"Young miss!" The bodyguard who was left by her side came rushing to her.

He touched her cheeks to find her burning. He then glanced at her face only to see a lone tear slipping through her closed eyes.

His heart went for her. She went through a lot, lost a lot, got stabbed by the closest people to her heart, loved with all her might and received nothing but pain and agony in return.

She was a poor pure soul who didn't deserve any of this.

The bulky and scary bodyguard swore to protect her with his life for she reminded him of someone he once cherished.

He picked her up and drove the hospital to check up on her.

Few hours later, a doctor came out looking kind of apologetic.

The man approached him warily. "What's wrong with her?"

"She has a brain tumor, we need to remove it before it spreads." The doctor said.

"Can I see her now?" The man asked instead of answering because he knows it's not his decision to make.

The doctor nodded his way before leading him to her room.

He found her awake, looking at the ceiling, looking lost.

He cleared his throat. "Young miss."

"Am I still your young miss?" She said not moving an inch.

The man didn't know what to say to that, he wasn't one to show emotions nor was he compassionate, but something about this broken and lost girl in front of him made him wish he wasn't such an antisocial freak.

She chuckled softly before looking his way with a pair of misty and dull eyes. "Even you agree that I lost the right to be called that." She stated before moving back to her original position.

"When will we be moving?" She asked.

"At dawn." He stated.

She nodded indicating she had no problem with that.

The man hesitated a bit before finally telling her the reason he was here for. "Young miss, I think we'll have to postpone our flight."

"Why is that?"

"You have an operation to remove the brain tumor you have." He said calmly, betraying the inner turmoil he was going through.

"I have some luck left after all." She stated wistfully, leaving the man all confused and wondering what was the meaning behind those words. "There won't be any delay in our plans, we'll be leaving at dawn as planned." She added.

The man stood there ogling at her, dumbfounded. "What about the operation?" He asked after regaining his composure.

"There won't be any operation." Was her simple answer.

He finally understood the meaning behind her earlier words.

He felt a pang in his chest. She was sacrificing herself to atone the mistake she did.

"Yes, young miss." He bowed before going out to arrange everything.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

Few years later the same broken girl was a force to reckon with.

She excelled in martial arts, law, business management, and much more other domains.

She didn't own her own business, but she was filthy rich nonetheless.

How? Nobody ever knew. They only knew not to mess with the mysterious A.L for she can bury you alive in front of the president himself.

Not only because she had the most notorious mafia in Italy, The Crawlers behind her, but because she was A.L.

Her name alone opened the most tightly closed doors in front of those who were acquainted to her.

Nobody ever saw her real face. She was always wearing masks, wigs, and such to hide her real self. However they didn't need to know her face to recognize her in a crowd.

Her shape, her aura, and her voice was enough for people to make a way for her.

Beside the fact that she was always surrounded by the bulky gorgeous brown-head bodyguard.

She was no longer the damsel in distress she was few years back.

She was now the mysterious A.L, but nobody knew that A.L and the famous Professor Analise Sampson were the same people.

She made sure to keep both identities separate.

However both A.L and Analise were fearsome and unapproachable.

She had a reason as to why she picked hypnosis as a major. It was the first step in her long journey. The foundation stone of her cruel plan.

And now she had to wipe A.L and Analise Sampson from existence for Emma Sampson to emerge from darkness.

A/N

Hey, lovelies!

I'm sorry for keeping you on your toes waiting for the update that never came. However, in my defence I was and still is busy, so so busy in fact.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter, and for it to help you understand where the story is going and what it's all about.

I'll try to double update, but I'm not sure.

Until next time, hopefully few hours later. Stay safe and enjoy my lovelies.

Mi-M-Ab.