Part 37

Unedited.

Third Person POV

Months has passed by quickly since the day Giuseppe's request for Emma to adopt him. The little boy's doing great in training, as a matter of fact he may be overdoing it. Traces of exhaustion crept their way up his features and settled there, yet fatigue seems to fuel his urge of doing better than actually slowing him down.

Müller's gaze always held a hint of pride whenever he looked at the young fella. He proved to have extraordinary abilities and a tremendous amount of energy stored inside that tiny body of his. With proper guidance he could reach the top in no time, and he has just that. Not only Emma and Adam got his back but also Müller and Jürgen do.

Giuseppe has an iron will, and his determination to execute his revenge only serves to fuel it all the more. He's good at hiding his feelings, only showing what he wants to whom he wants. Only Emma is the one who's able to go through him.

She was the only one who was able to make him talk and not just keep everything bottled up inside. She made the dinning table a place where they all get to let whatever repressed feelings loose, and Adam played a great role in getting Giuseppe to open up with them. He would always pave the way for the little boy by speaking about the problems he encountered during the day which encouraged Giuseppe to share things with his now adopted parents.

Both Emma and Adam knew how hard it must be for the little fella to deal with all that has happened in the past few months so they're both trying extra hard to actually be his parents and not just on papers.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Emma's plan was going well. She was a step away from knowing what happened to her mother, what led her to her demise. She got a tip from a trusted resource telling her the location of a person who witnessed all this chaos taking place.

She was the closest ever to finding out the real truth, and she was going to spare no effort to have it revealed in front of her.

She could finally find the peace she was deprived from the moment she got the news of her mother's death. She could go in peace if her disease overpowered her.

That was all that bothered her when she found out about it, that she may not be able to fulfill the promise she made to herself on her mother's grave.

That she may not have the time to avenge her mother.

This so-called witness will tell her whatever she wants to know, she would make sure of it.

Emma was sure she knew the whole truth, that what she witnessed in addition to what Papa told her were the truth. That her mother was gone solely because of her bastard of a father and her ex's parents along with Adam's, until she got a call a couple of months ago from an anonymous person that changed her whole perspective.

Flashbacks

Emma was having breakfast alone with Giuseppe in the dinning room instead of the balcony of her and Adam's room since the latter went to work earlier than the usual, so to.d the maids to serve breakfast in the dining room.

She was chatting with the little boy about his training and how things were going on with Müller and how Zeus was doing in his training too when her phone rung. She ignored it at first because it's her unspoken rule that she was somehow established between all of them. No one was to take calls on the dining table. Work could wait until later, the meals' times was a family time.