Book II - Part 21

Unedited.

Third Person POV

"I hope you're satisfied." Müller said passively to the person on the phone.

"You bet I am, the news never felt so entertaining before." The person released a sick chuckle.

"It's not you I care to impress, you know that." Müller said blatantly.

"Stop being such a party pooper, Müller." The guy laughed. "The elders are thrilled as well, you're in." He said.

"You know for someone who pleaded with Rob to believe he had no intention of harming the Knights, you sure are chirpy!" Müller noticed. "I wonder if you'll retain that chirpiness of yours after the Knights get ahold of you." He added, his tone ridiculously cynical.

The man on the phone could hear his smirk through the phone, and it ticked him off. "You know, Müller it's best you don't get on my bad side. If I can be your ticket in, then I sure as hell can kick you out before you could blink. I have just as much of an influence as the elders." The man said irritated. "What's wrong with your tone, anyway? Sad your little boss, Mrs. Knights will be upset with you for burning her daughter alive?"

"I doubt that." Müller chuckled mockingly at the man's first statement before replying the second one. "And Mrs. Knights is no boss of mine." He then hung up on him.

"A.L is." Müller said to himself while looking at the screen of his phone few moments after the call ended.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"Papa, Giu?" The frightened voice of his little angle, stopped Adam from strangling his wife to death. He and Giuseppe both turned their heads to the direction of the voice.

Gisela was standing next to door, looking scared of what she just witnessed.

Adam came running to her and reached his hand out to hug her, only to for her to lean further onto the door of the room. "What's wrong, baby girl?" He asked.

"What were you and Giu doing to momma?" She asked her father and brother as they both knelt in front of her while watching them warily.

Both men looked at each other, not knowing what to answer with.

Giuseppe knew his little sister thought he was helping her father chocking her mother when she saw his hands around his father's, he didn't want her misunderstanding him, but he can't just tell her he was trying to pry his father hands off of his mother. He didn't want the little girl to hold a grudge on her father because he knew he wasn't in his right mind at the moment, who the hell would after seeing their daughter being burned alive.

"It's nothing, sweetheart. Momma scratched her neck bad, papa and Giu were looking at it for me." Emma's voice came in, saving both of them from answering.

Gisela came running to her mother and inspected her neck after the latter knelt a bit so she's her daughter's hight. "I'm okay, sweetie." Emma assured the little one.

Gisela ran her tiny fingers on the wounds on her mother's neck, she thankful missed the pool of blood staining Emma's collar since it was hidden with her locks. "Are you sure, mommy?" The little girl asked.

"I am, sweetie. Now why don't you go downstairs, Onkel Jürgen came from the business trip he was on and I heard he has a surprise for you." Emma whispered dramatically at the end. The little girl's eyes widened as her tiny body shook with mirth and eyes glinted with joy of a child.

She turned on her heels and ran towards the door where the two men stood still, she glared at them so hard for a while, all traces of happiness leaving her face before she exited the door. Both Adam and Giuseppe were shocked with the look that took over the little girl's face moments ago, it was as if she was telling them that she wasn't buying whatever her mother told her, and that they should prepare for their punishment for hurting her mother.

They were dragged out of their though with Emma's hiss of pain as she tried to stand up from her kneeling position. "I must say, you have quite the grip, dear hubby." She chuckled at her own joke.

"What is this all about?" He asked her, puzzled.

"You figure it out yourself, I know you can." She said, heading to their walk-in closet. She fished a travel bag from it and put it on the bed before she went back inside and took some of her clothes and put them in.

"Mom, what are you doing?"

"What are you doing, Emma!"

Both the son and father inquired at the same time.

"I'm doing exactly what you said, I think it's time I loosen the burden of housing a maniac off your shoulders." She answered her husband, repeating his words.

Adam regretted uttering those words the moment they slipped his mouth, but he was too angry to see the reason much less apologies at that time. He only knew how bad she must have felt hearing those words from her husband when he saw her acting upon them.

"Honey, you know-"

"Oh, now I'm your honey and not the maniac who killed her daughter?" She chuckled amusedly. What he found odd, however was that she didn't sound angry at all, not even one bit.

"You're not angry?"

"Why would I?" She asked back.

"I attacked you and-"

"I guess that makes us even, then. I bombed you five years ago too in a spur of a moment." She shrugged.

"Why am I having a bad feeling about this whole set up." He stated more than asked.

"You're not the one who should have that feeling." She told him, mysteriously. "Just make sure the kids are safe while am gone, especially Gisela, make sure she doesn't step a foot outside the premises and the outsiders must not hear or see her. Outsiders must believe what came out in the news." She told him seriously.

"Why? Just what exactly is going on?" He asked.

"If you want to keep our daughter safe, you have to do exactly as I say. No one is to know she's alive until I say so. Same goes with you Giuseppe, you have to keep your guards up 24/7. Sam will give you more details soon." She said.

"Can you at least tell me what the happenings from earlier were about? And where are you going?" Adam asked.

"All you have to know as of now is that you just passed a very important test." She told him.

A/N

Hello, lovelies!

Hope you enjoy the chap.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Until next time.

Mi-M-Ab.