Part 13

Unedited.

Third Person POV

Adam was a wreck, his head buzzed with all the thinking he had been doing since Emma collapsed.

The doctors suddenly showed up without him calling, almost as if someone predicted such thing would happen and sent them there.

The Jürgen guy he saw earlier came back minutes after the doctors barged in the mansion, Greta seemed rather calm considering the sudden happenings.

Everything screamed strangeness and unfamiliarity. He was never the one to be comfortable with unfamiliarity. Out of all of the happenings of the last hours what weighed heavily on him was the fact that he didn't know what was wrong with Emma.

There was some strange change in her personality in the last few days, even her behaviour changed. The calm, refined, and collected woman he knew for the past two years was replaced with this totally new, cold, unfamiliar, vengeful, and full of secrets, Annalise Sampson.

It's not like he didn't know who she really was, or where did she come from. He knew.

He already did a throughout background check on her the moment he decided to make her Mrs. Knights, but no matter how throughout and precise a background check is, it still is just a background check. There are secrets that you have find someone who knows them and is willing to share, for you to know them.

And he didn't even knew there were any. He thought she was just Emma/Annalise Sampson, the woman he knew for two years and came to love. She was just his Emma.

Until recently, that is.

The things he accidentally came to know about her are so overwhelming and totally unlike her that he would develop a headache every time he thinks of them or try to figure them out.

The mighty and ruthless business tycoon who thought everything and everyone is in the palms of his hands, that nothing can escape him unless he wants to was easily deceived by none other than his secretary and wife.

She wasn't just any secretary, she was a well known professor in one of Italy's most prestigious universities. She has a PhD in psychology, and used to be a doctor at the same time. And he has a hunch there's more than that, seeing that she met with that brother of hers in the most dangerous side of the city after midnight without any bodyguards with her.

How can someone so petite and delicate possess such credible talents even after the severe mental torture she went through along the years.

He was dumbfounded.

The thing that got him the most though was, how her expression morphed into anger and fright when the guy from earlier mentioned her condition. He never saw her so panicked, not even when he confronted her about her intentions with the redhead who barged into their house, nor did she show any signs of fear when she knew that he knew her real identity. She didn't even hesitate to share her plans concerning the woman with him.

Which can only mean that her condition is far worst than he had imagined, and that the doctors know but are ordered to keep silent.

Adam was in a corner of their dim lit bedroom, slightly observing her sleeping form before he finally stood up, marched to her, and kissed her forehead lingeringly. Then he went out to seek for answers from the only people that he knew were sure to know something that would help his quest for the well hidden truth.