Part 39

Unedited.

Third Person POV

The Knights were having breakfast all together on Emma and Adam's terrace like usual, only this time the atmosphere was thick with tension and awkwardness between the usually lovey-dovey couple, Emma and Adam.

It was so unusually unfamiliar that even Giuseppe noticed the change, and kept quite. He didn't see it was an appropriate time to speak about anything at all much less his training.

"I'm going." Adam stood up after he finished his breakfast, he moved towards Emma who seemed a bit upset by the look of her slightly pouted lips. He kissed her forehead. "Call me if anything happens." He said, and made his way out but not before ruffling Giuseppe's hair in a fatherly manner. "Train well." He told him, then he was out.

Giuseppe found it admirable how Adam still showed Emma just how much she meant to him in spite of his mood and the fact that they most probably just had a fight. He was still concerned about her and he still showered her with love and affection.

Emma kept quite with the same pouted lips until Adam was gone that she smiled ever so slightly and looked at where he was standing moments ago.

She remembered their conversation last night when they were about to sleep.

Flashbacks

Emma went to bed earlier than usual, she was off since the conversation she and Adam shared, and because she didn't want to face him again. Not after what he threatened her with.

So while he was gone to god knows where she wanted to sleep it off and maybe tomorrow she may have enough energy to do whatever it is she can to pacify things between them, whether it is to forgive or to pretend none of this ever happened.

Adam was gone the moment he made his point clear. He wanted to take in some fresh air alone and figure things out. Things that their unintended conversation brought to light, the last thing he wanted was to show her this side of him. However his jealousy and possessiveness always got the best of him.

However before Emma's wish was realised, Adam was back.

So she did what was seemed to be the best 'plan B' at that moment, pretend to be asleep.

Adam went to her side and pecked her lips softly before heading to the bathroom to take a shower and change into more comfortable clothes.

When he came back he went to his side of the bed and laid down. He pulled her ever so softly into his arms and in the pose they always sleep in, with her head on his shoulder and their legs entwined and his arms around her.

However when he knew she was awake when she tensed when he wrapped her in his arms, only he didn't let that hinder him from continuing what he was doing. He only spoke when she was nestled in his arms the way he wanted her to. "I'm sorry I scared you earlier." He said after awhile of silence.

"I know you're mad at me for treating you that way and most probably scared of my behaviour, but put yourself in my place. What would you do if one of my exes suddenly appeared demanding a meeting with me? Would you simply let it slide like that?" Adam added when he got no reply whatsoever from her.

Emma turned in his arms, facing him. Her eyes blazing. "Are you hinting to the redhead that got rid of awhile back? Do you feel sorry for her by any chance!" She questioned angrily.

"That right there is what I felt when you brought your ex up, only ten times worst since you actually were thinking of meeting with him." Adam said referring to Emma's feeling about the read head. "There's not nothing I fear more than you leaving me or finding someone who can waver your already unsure feelings for me." He confessed. "Your ex is an immediate threat to me, and I don't take lightly to threats." He added, his eyes held a dark promise of destruction.