Book II - Part 23

Unedited.

Third Person POV

Emma let the travel bag slip through her hands when the maid barged in the room with a look of fear covering her face and soon after the name of her little girl came from the maid's mouth in a pant.

She sprinted out of the room without letting the maid finishing her statement. Adam and Giuseppe hot on her tail.

"What's wrong with my daughter?" Emma asked when she entered the kitchen where the commotion was coming from.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. I left the kitchen for a few minutes and when I came I found her like this, she wouldn't let go of it and we couldn't pry it of her hand afraid it may worsen the injury." One of the maids apologised when she saw Emma. Emma assumed she was the one who screamed moments ago.

The trio was shocked when they saw the little girl standing next to the sink with a hot pot held firmly on her right arm just above her wrist with inches, with her left hand. The skin under an ugly shade of red and some parts intensely burned. The five years old seemed as if she was holding her screams in but couldn't do the same with her tears, she was glaring at her father and brother fiercely.

Emma came running to her daughter, and knelt down so she was her height. "Sweetheart, what are you doing!" Emma exclaimed horrified at the little one, she tried to lift the pot of her arm but the little girl refused to let it go.

"Baby girl-"

"Don't come near me, papa is a meanie. You hurt momma." The little girl screamed at her approaching dad, stopping him dead in his tracks. "You too, Giu!" She screamed again when her brother tried to come closer.

"Let go, sweetheart!" Emma was preoccupied with prying her daughter's hands of the pot gently so that she doesn't worsen her injuries that she didn't notice the look that the little girl was supporting at the moment.

When she didn't respond, Emma looked up. "Gisela Ingrid Knights! Let go of the pot this instant!" Only when Emma used that reprimanding tone did the little one look down and let go of the pot that seemed to be glued to her skin.

"CALL A FUCKING DOCTOR!" Emma screamed at the staff when she saw how the pot was stuck to her daughter's skin.

The staff flinched at their boss' sudden temper and one of them fished his phone to call the family doctor.

"Why did you do this, Ela?" Emma reprimanded. "Didn't I tell you that the kitchen is off limits if I'm not with you!"

"Papa and Giu hurt you, I want to hurt them. Pranks don't hurt but I know they love, they will be hurt if they see me hurt." Ela said with a tone and a look that no child should possess. It was of pure evil.

"My God, Sweetheart, don't ever do that again. You know papa and Giu would never hurt me, they were just helping me tending to the scratches on my neck." Emma said, hugging her daughter.

"Lying is bad, momma." Ela said as she patted her mother's back. The little girl was acting like a grown up.

"What?" Emma asked as she broke the hug.

"I saw papa attacking you." She glared at her father angrily. "I hate him!" She screamed at them. "I hate them both."

"Don't you trust me, baby girl?" She asked her.