Book II - Part 25

Unedited.

Unknown POV

Something's fishy with that fucker Müller. I can feel it, he's certainly hiding something from me.

If the elders knew I got someone inside the tight circle without double checking them, I'll be in deep shit.

A knock on the door brought me back to reality.

"Good morning, sir, the report on the Knights just arrived." My secretary said as he put my coffee on its usual spot on the table before he placed the file down.

I quickly took a seat on my chair, and took the file. There was a CD as usual, my men who're on a stake out, out the Knights' residence, always provide both a visual and a written version of the reports so that I read I can the report in case I'm not in a situation where I can watch the video.

I inserted the CD in the laptop on my desk and played the video.

A woman whom I now know as Greta Meyer, the head maid of the Knights resistance and Emma's most trusted person after the duo Müller and Jürgen.

She seemed to be in rush when one of my men crashed to her deliberately, making it seem like a coincidence. She mumbled something along the line of 'great it's not enough I had to wear this stupid wig because of that brat, but I have to keep it still with my fucking hands if I don't want to have my bold head blinding people!, under her breath as she did just that, her hands went to her head when my man bumped into her. "Watch it!" She snapped at him after she finished her earlier statement.

I'm sure that statement was not for my ears to hear, but the boys were really creative. They knew they can get the image clear but the voices they couldn't get them from that distance unless they others were shouting, so they come up with this new strategy to get both of them. One of them would stay in car and get the whole thing on the camera while the others take turns in bumping at the people from the residence, each time a different face with a different way of accidentally bumping into them. That way they would get both the images and the voices loud and clear.

And it worked!

No one noticed any of them, as they made sure to do it as discreetly and creatively as possible.

"I'm sorry, miss. I wasn't watching where I'm going." The man apologised.

"Whatever." She snapped again before she went to move past him and continue her way. She seemed quite pissed off.

"Just one question, miss, if you don't mind of course?" He hurried out, wanting to stop her from going before he got the information he wanted.

"Yes!" Her snappish tone unchanging.

"Who reside here?" He asked.

It was not what he wanted to ask, I was sure. It was just a way to start a conversation that will eventually progress to get to the reason that got her this pissed which will explain the earlier statement she murmured.

I know because I trained my men personally, they act and analyse things like I would. And just like I felt that statement of hers would be our key to planting a rat on the Knights' side, I'm sure he too felt the same.