Part 31

Unedited.

Third Person POV

Even though Gerald was escorted cuff-free to the station, looks of disgust, disappointment and even few hateful glares were thrown his way all the way there.

Gone was the admiration glint that glimmered in his admirers' orbs, and gone was the rush of people trying to catch his hands whenever he walked to his car from or to his office.

Gone was what he spent all his life building.

Somehow even he knew that nothing can redeem this even if the news turned out to be fake and just few accusations.

Nothing can bring his lost glory back.

However something kept telling him that there's something more to this than what meets the eye, that all these people won't start hating him suddenly just because of a mere video that nobody knows whether it's true or someone trying to frame him even if it was from a famous model.

The whole scene still lacks something. Something that he's yet to find out.

He doesn't know why but Puerto's image keeps popping in his mind.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

When he arrived at the station he was immediately escorted- more like dragged to the interrogation room where he was forced to sit down on one of the chairs and wait for one of the officers to come.

Few minutes later the door to the room was opened and both the officer and the lawyer entered.

He was surprised that a lawyer came in without him requesting, but Gerald was even more surprised when he recognised him.

It wasn't just any lawyer, it was the highest payed lawyer out there.

What the fuck is this chick trying to do? Why frame him and cause him to sit in an interrogation room only to hire the best lawyer in the whole damn country!

That's just so fucked up! He thought.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

"My client will plea guilty to all the charges." The lawyer said before the officer even spoke, shocking Gerald.

The fucking best lawyer around the country- continent even just forsook another opportunity to shine without even trying.

"But we haven't even started, sir?" It was supposed to come out as an obvious statement rather than a question.

The lawyer looked at the puzzled officer for a while before speaking. "Oh, really? Why don't we start then?" The lawyer suggested with an amount of carefreeness that wasn't suitable for the situation they were in.

"There are multiple lawsuits against your client, Mr. Gerald Fischer. The most prominent one of them was the one that went viral on the internet, I'm sure the officers that brought him in filled him on on it. The next one, however is the odd one-" The officer stopped for a while as if contemplating on how to describe the second complaint before passing a bunch of pictures to the gentlemen opposite from him.

Gerald was baffled, words flew right out of his mind.

How the fuck did they get ahold of these pictures! He was sure his office contained no cameras, not even one. He never put any inside it because it was where all his dirty deeds are done.