Part 14

Unedited.

Third Person POV

Emma saw Adam sitting on the sofa next to the fire place, typing something on his laptop. She was quite hesitant in approaching him, especially since she can predict what his reaction would be when he knows what topic she wants to discuss.

However she gathered whatever little courage she could and went to his side. She sat next to him, and put her head on his shoulder.

Adam moved slightly to kiss her forehead as a sign of greeting when he felt her leaning into him before returning his focus to whatever he was doing on his PC.

To others, this scene may seem quite odd, seeing their relationship was going through a rough patch just few days ago. However it is rather normal for them to reconcile this quickly and normally by a simple touch from one of them.

Emma's gesture of leaning into him was a sign for him to know that she wants them to start anew and forget whatever past arguments before their wedding which was to take a place tomorrow, and Adam understood and went along with her wishes as they were also his.

"How was your day?" She asked after a while.

"Tiring. How about you, do you feel better?"

"I am. The pain subsided yesterday, so I was able to sit and walk without feeling anything." Said Emma.

"Great, that means we can proceed with the wedding tomorrow without any delay." He said.

She nodded, and stayed quite, thinking whether or not to say what she wanted.

"Say it, Emma." Urged Adam.

"Huh?" She asked, confused.

"I know you have something to say, so say it." He clarified.

"Promise me you won't get mad?" It wasn't supposed to sound like a question.

He shifted his attention from his laptop to her, carefully studying her before speaking.

"Is it that bad of a topic, what you want to discuss, I mean?" He asked, looking at her.

"Not necessarily." She replied.

"Go on then."

"About our marriage tomorrow-" She trailed off. Carefully gauging his reaction.

"What about it?" He questioned calmly.

"Do you really want to proceed with it?"

He stopped typing for a while before closing his lap top. He turned around, and observed her for sometime

"What is that supposed to mean?" He finally asked.

"I mean if you really want to go through it after everything you found out?" She rephrased.

"What exactly did I find out?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Well-" she cut her own when she knew what he meant.

She nodded her head, indicating that she understood what he meant.