001

Hey y'all , here's ANOTHER new story. Good fuck.

[UPDATE AS OF 11/27/2022. I WROTE THIS STORY IN EARLY 2020. SOME THINGS HAVE BEEN EDITED. Mainly cus I sucked at writing then, but yeah.]

KALI DE SANTA

KALI DE SANTA.

——
AUGUST.

"He has never been so grateful for the company."

WELL, WHAT DO YOU CALL IT when you can't look someone in the eyes for more than five seconds without starting to sweat? Or when you don't speak until spoken to, then even when you do get spoken to you can't hold a simple conversation without hyperventilating on the inside, what is that called?

Don't even get me started with getting asked a question, why is it that whenever someone asks you something, you stumble over your words and want to jump off a cliff because you're self-conscious about every little thing you say? You know what they call that, or what you're diagnosed with rather, they call it anxiety . . and that's exactly what August had.

His mother would constantly tell him to talk to his therapist, renew his prescription, take his prescription, try and get out of his comfort zone, branch out to other people. When he first turned 19 she did this, constant reminders in the mornings, the afternoon, the evening when he's ready to sleep, but eventually she stopped. In her mind she always say, "He's nineteen, he's an adult. He needs to grow up and do the right thing on his own." To her it was a brilliant plan, she thought she was doing the right thing as a mother but of course he didn't. Once she stopped reminding him and asking him, he took it as her not caring and being selfish. Pathetic. Now that he was 19, she damn sure wasn't about to coddle him.

Come the morning of August 27th, she was on it again. "August come on! Wake up, I don't know why you went to sleep late knowing you had school today!" She yelled through his bedroom door.

He groaned, "I'm up ma, I'm up. Damn." He laid there for about five minutes to see if she was gone and sure enough.. She was.

He turned over to check his phone, he groaned at the time. "5:45 ina damn morning?" He sluggishly walked towards his curtains and yanked them apart, "You gotta be kidding me.." A frown covered his face as he saw that the sky was still the deep onyx color it was when he had went to sleep. "This woman is gon' drive me crazy. I swea' she is."

"August stop mumbling about me little boy," She walked in his room with his shirt and pants he had laid out and set them on the edge of his bed. "I ironed them for you, Lord knows you wouldn't have. Ooh" She groans holding her back as she sat down on his bed with a tight-closed smile on her face. "Come on, sit down next to your momma." He couldn't help but smile, he would never understand how she could be so bubbly and talkative in the morning, but she's always been like that.