Chapter Two

Chapter Two

The next morning the sun seeped through my shades causing striated lines to cross my face. I peered over towards the time reading it was about 6 AM. For some reason, the sleep in my eyes wasn't so heavy, the bags under my eyes weren't so prominent, and my heart beat was chugging faster than normal.

It took me several minutes to actually convince my body it was my last first day of high school before I swung my legs over the edge and picked my phone off my table. I scrolled through my messages still smiling at the one Liam had sent to me. Charlotte kept bugging me not to respond because apparently it left them "wanting more" but none the less, I couldn't resist, so I sent him back a thank you and a you too with a smiley face.

As I finally encouraged myself to leave my bed I trudged to the bathroom and examined my face. My brown hair looked insane still tied up into a pony tail so I tugged it back out and took a quick shower. With that, I changed back into the white blouse and cut off denim jeans that Charlotte had picked out for me and brushed through my hair. I grabbed my white converse from underneath my little side table, slipped them on and examined myself one more time in the mirror. Held satisfied with the sight I grabbed my bag and rushed downstairs greeting my mom who was making a cup of coffee. She handed me a mug in which I then dropped my bag on the living room couch and headed to fill up my cup to the top with black coffee.

"You look nice," My mom smiled sweetly at me flipping through her news paper and enjoying her coffee at the island in our kitchen.

"Thanks, Mom," I smiled slightly. "You don't even want to know how long it took me to pick out this shirt."

"Charlotte told me." She laughed. I rolled my eyes knowing how talkative Charlotte was and dipped a spoon into the steaming mug. I joined my mom at the island as we traded small talk about my first day. The nerves were coming back even though I've been attending the same school for three years.

I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket as I finished my coffee so I swiftly pulled it out to see Charlotte's smiley face on my screen. I pressed accept and lifted the phone up to my ear as I heard her cheery voice.

"Morning, Alex! Hope you didn't change your outfit. Did you?" She rambled on.

"No I didn't," I laughed. "Is there a reason why you're calling me?"

"Oh yeah. Niall's car is having some oil or tire trouble. Some trouble with his car," She giggled. "I think he mentioned something about Liam giving him a ride. Could you possibly swing by my house and pick me up?"

"Course, anything for you." I said a bit sarcastically. I could hear her small laugh as she thanked me and hung up.

"What was that about?" My mom, being her nosy self, asked me.

"Charlotte's ride failed so she requested my assistance." My mom nodded as I placed my coffee cup into the sink and plopped myself onto the couch. I didn't have to leave until another ten minutes so I filled up the gap with a little flappy bird before bidding my goodbye's to my mom and going to my car.

I revved up the engine and pulled out almost being blinded by the bright morning sun of London. The drive towards Charlotte's was calming and not much was happening on the deserted roads at 7 AM. I spotted a few students walking to school with their bags as I pulled into Charlotte's long driveway.

She was already waiting outside with her coffee mug and her bag as she greeted me with a warm smile. She had a long white maxi dress and her blonde hair was braided to the side. She always looked amazing in whatever she wore, no matter if it was sweatpants and a t shirt or something more dressy.

"Good morning, Sunshine." She spoke pulling herself into the passenger seat and shoving her bag underneath.

"Morning Charlotte," I laughed at her bright mood.