Chapter Six

Chapter Six

"So is there a reason you haven't sat next to me in art class for the past three days?" Charlotte questioned me as she swung through my clothing options in my closet. We were getting ready for the boy's basketball game and Charlotte just didn't believe what she had on would be sufficient enough for her Niall.

"I told you, I just don't like the front anymore." I shrugged picking up a black crop top.

"Mhm." I heard her mumble. "So what do you think?" She said as she spun around holding up a light pink peplum with some white distressed pants.

"You looked great in the last three outfits you tried on." I mocked.

"But the last three weren't a pink peplum and white pants."

"Then I guess you have your mind made up!" She rolled her eyes at me as she disappeared into the bathroom to change. I heard my phone buzz from my bed side table and I quickly reached over to grab it.

Message from Liam, glowed on my screen.

I pressed the open button and smiled at his adorable text message.

Liam: Can't wait to see you at the game. Already have a practice jersey ready on your seat x

I quickly replied as Charlotte walked back in with her new outfit on, the twentieth one she's tried on may I add.

"You look great," I smiled.

"You're going to wear that?" She examined me. I was just in a plain black top with light denim pants and white converse.

"Liam said he has a practice jersey for me." I mumbled.

"Really? Niall hasn't even let me wear his. He's all oddly protective over it. Some superstitious shit or something." Charlotte said, jealousy tangled in her voice. "You can just wear it over something nice. Here," She tossed me a maroon maxi skirt to replace my jeans with. I paired it with some black sandals and examined my final outfit in the mirror.

"Not half bad, Alex." She smiled.

At about 5:30 we headed over towards the school to get good seats, I knew Liam saved us some but I didn't want it to seem like we were better than everyone else and didn't have to at least try and get good seats. We got our tickets and headed inside the gym where some of the boys where already getting ready for the game.

Charlotte spotted Niall in the corner where she quickly left to be with her boyfriend. I searched for my seat already finding Liam leaning against the corner of the bleacher making conversation with a few people in the crowd holding a green jersey in his hand.

I approached him with a smile on my face tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. He met my gaze and smiled back putting his arms out and giving me a hug before letting go to hand me the jersey.

"Wow, you look great." He said.

"Thanks, so do you." I mumbled a bit awkwardly. He laughed and motioned towards the jersey for me to put it on. I pulled it over my top as he examined me and sucked in his bottom lip.

He opened his mouth as if he was going to say something before Niall came over and gave me a quick hug, I was caught a bit of guard, but it didn't last long before he was back with his arm cradled around Charlotte's body. Charlotte still on his arm she gave me a wide smile examining the jersey on my body as well.

"Looking good, Alex." Niall smiled ruffling my hair with his free hand. "Liam, we gotta go warm up, I'm sure you can talk to Alex more after the game." He chuckled playfully punching Liam in the arm.