Chapter Thirty Five

Chapter Thirty Five

The next week of school was all smiles. Charlotte and Harry acted pleasantly with eachother. Matter of the fact as a three we even sat with eachother during lunch. Conversation was bit lacking at times since Harry couldn't lay out his usual sarcastic remarks to me making me blush but I knew it made Charlotte uncomfortable when we acted all couply considering she was still mourning over her breakup with Niall.

I wanted to feel bad for him considering he had to put up with her for so long but ever since their break up all I noticed him doing was skipping from one girl to the next. I've practically seen him with his tongue down a girls throat during free period.

We hadn't talked much since he dropped by the diner for if he wasn't with some random girl he was with Liam, and that was one person I definetly wanted to avoid.

Even though we'd agreed on friends since I'd admitted my feelings about Harry to him friendship was about as far from anything that we were.

Honestly, I could count on my hands how many times we'd talked in the past three weeks.

December was coming on and overall the season was good. First snowfall, teachers giving less homework because of the upcoming holidays, and Harry and I were playing our usual behind the scenes relationship.

Even though most would assume it'd be obnoxious to not openly be like 'This is my boyfriend, we've been dating for this long'. I didn't find it that annoying. We acted as if we'd known eachother for ages when we were alone and he showed affection towards me in school if it was just the two of us besides Charlotte.

He held me hand between classes, kicked at my foot in art class, and would steal kisses from me ever so often in between classes if we were at my locker alone.

Overall, it felt like everything was finally coming into place.

Lunch was about to begin as I spaced out staring outside my calculus classroom.

"Alex," I heard my teacher call at me. "Did you get this down?" She motioned towards the written homework on the board. I nodded even though I clearly was completely ignoring everything she'd written. "Write it down, Miss. Fray." She warned me again.

I gave her another nod before jotting down a few random numbers into my journal and packing up my things as the bell dismissed us.

I glanced around the hallway for either Charlotte or Harry but failed to noticed either of them. I made my way towards my locker seeing Niall leaning against the metal talking to one of the girls on the field hockey team.

Trying to make myself seem as least notcible as possible, it didn't take long for Niall's eyes to stray from the girl and catch mine. I slammed my locker shut tucking my things to my chest and trying to skid away down the hallway as quick as possible.

"Alex, wait up." I heard him holler. I tried to walk a bit faster but unfortunately Niall's longer strides caught up to mine as he grabbed onto my forearm pulling me back. "Why're you in such a hurry?" He chuckled. "I haven't spoke to you in ages."

"Funny." I shrugged. "Last time we spoke I remember you making fun of Harry and I."

"Look, I know you're all buddy-buddy with Charlotte now but that doesn't give you a reason to bring back old mistakes because you're trying to take out your anger through her."

"I'm not taking my anger out through her." I shrugged giving him a dimwitted look.

"Right." He said trying to walk faster as I sped up my pace. I really wished Harry would show up now because that would mean I wouldn't have to talk to Niall anymore.