Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

The next week in school felt long, longer than usual. Liam kept his distance since coming upon the realization that Harry had been spending much more time with me. Honestly, I didn't mind. Harry didn't walk me to all my classes and practically suffocate me as Liam had done. We walked to art together, sat at lunch together, and after school he'd say his goodbye's before we ended up driving to the same building for work.

I tried as hard as possible to get similar shifts with him and only but one day was where his name didn't come upon my shift. We worked nearly everyday after school cleaning tables, washing dishes, and taking orders for the few people that came into the diner.

I worked until about half past six where Harry and I a lot of times would stay a bit later to grab something to eat than head home our separate ways.

What made the week feel even slower was when the realization hit me that Charlotte was really done speaking to me. She avoided me at practically all costs, whether it be in class or during lunch.

When it was in art she'd moved all the way into the back all my her lonesome and painted by herself. I was honestly surprised Miss Smith hadn't mentioned something about it to me yet I didn't let it pester me. During lunch she'd grab her usual salad and sit with some of the girls I'd recognized from my Calculus class. I hadn't seen Niall all week since we'd talked on the phone despite a few times I'd run across him in the hall as we were walking to class.

It was last period again for about the last time of the week since friday had rolled around and I felt a soft hand run against my hip as I gathered my notebooks into my bag.

"Can I help you?" I teased turning around to see Harry's grinning face.

"You can help me with a lot of things. But I won't suggest any ideas." He smirked making me roll my eyes as I pulled away from his grasp. We walked down the hall side by side as we approached the art room in silence.

I noticed Charlotte had placed herself in the back as usual but she seemed a bit more cleaned up today. Her make up was done fine, her clothing was back to normal and not sweats, and her hair was combed through.

"So is today the day?" Harry asked me as we approached our stools and placed our stuff in front of the canvas's.

"What do you mean?"

"Charlotte I mean," He cleared up pulling out a few paints. "The voiding silence."

"What's the point," I shrugged. "She's made her point she doesn't want to be friends with me."

"I haven't even come to understand why you two are silent anyway." I had yet to tell Harry he was matter of the fact the main reason that we were fighting. Obviously, that would sound a bit harsh if I told him he was the reason we practically hated eachother.

I gave him a look as in to say, 'how many times have I told you this' but he simply kept staring ahead waiting for a straight answer.

"She's just not to thrilled with the fact I didn't last things with Liam. Nothing important."

"So you're saying she's not thrilled with the fact you've been hanging out with me?" He edged on lifting his paintbrush to his canvas, still angling himself from me not allowing me to see his painting. "I can handle it, Alex. I'm a big boy."

"Don't say it so condecending." I sighed.

"You can say it Alexandra, I'm the reason you two have been at eachother's throats."

"It's not because of you specifically." Yes it is. "She just doesn't like that our little tightly knit friend group is falling apart at the seams."