Chapter Twenty Three

"Are you sure you want me to come in?" I asked Harry for about the thousandth time. The only thing my mind could comprehend was what would Harry's Mom think of me since the last time we'd formally met was whilst Liam was practically calling dibs on me. I'm sure she'd appreciate the matter the last time I'd been here was crawling out of her sons window.

"We've driven all the way here, I'm starving, I can practically hear your stomach. We're going in." Harry states pulling the keys out of the egnition. I stayed in the car for a few moments looking down at my outfit. Not only was I not in the best place with Harry's mother but now I'd be formally meeting her in leggings and a sweatshirt with muddy sneakers. Additionally note that my sweatshirt was sopping wet from the rain.

Harry opened the door for me on the other side giving me his hand to help me out. The rain had slowed down to a slight drizzle but Harry's hair was still damp to his face.

"Alex, you look fine." He practically read my mind.

"I look like I just came out of the gym and sweated half my body weight." I disagreed taking his hand to help me out.

"My Mum will clearly understand considering the weather," He reassured me placing his hand on the middle of my back. I was quite surprised at how much touching he was doing between us. Usually I'd be the one to insinuate anything, I guess the kiss definetly changed things for the better.

"What if she brings up Liam." I blurted. "What am I supposed to say then?"

"She won't," was all he said. He removed his hand from my back as we approached his front door. I was mentally slapping myself in the face for ever bringing up the boy. It clearly made Harry upset, although the last time he had gotten upset over such a thing he ended up kissing me, which I certinatly didn't mind. Regardless, he was building that stupid wall up again as we walked in silence. Harry shoved his key into the keyhole and opened the door. I could already smell pizza being made in the room over. Andy was sitting at the kitchen table with a notebook, either doodling or doing homework.

"Alex!" Andy hollered pushing herself from the chair and running towards me. Much to my suprise she flew her arms around my waist clinging herself to my body.

"Andy, Andy." Harry's Mom laughed walking from the kitchen towards us. "Don't suffocate the girl." Harry removed his jacket and flannel leaving him in his usual dark t shirt. Now that I'd actually gotten the chance to look at Harrys' Mom I'd realized how different she looked from the two. She had a bright blond color in her hair and she was rather young looking. Her voice was quite decieving. She had bright blue eyes similar to Andy's but much different than Harry's dark green ones. I'd assumed he'd gotten those from his Father. "Hi, Alex." She put her hand out gesturing for me to shake it. "It's nice to see you again."

"You too, Mrs. Styles." I complimented my words with a wide toothed smile. I noticed Harry's smirk from near the kitchen as he dug out something to drink. Andy had returned to the table to finish whatever she was working on, so at this point it was just Harry's Mom and I.

"It's Miss Cox," She smiled back letting go of my hand. "Or Anne, whatever works for you."

"You've got a lovely home." I said following her into the kitchen. Harry was sat on the counter top drinking out of a milk carton. It was funny how different he looked in his element, how comfortable and open.

"It's works," She replied grabbing a pan from the cabinet and pulling one of the pizza's from the oven. "I'm glad Andy's taken a liking to you, its not often she does rather than Harry here."

"Oh really?" I cocked my eyebrow glancing over at Harry who placed the carton back in the fridge.

"Brother like sister," Harry's Mom added smirking over at Harry. Her smirk looked a lot like Harry's, it made me smile at how even though they hadn't looked that much alike physically they're personality was so similar.